Add the DVLA to my list of wasters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fred, it hasn't got an MOT as its under 2 years old.

Do they require the Insurance Cover Note as it hasn't come in the post yet (Norwich Union are usually slow) ?

regards,

KJ
As the rules say the car must be taxed, then I think that they would need the insurance certificate

Fred, it hasn't got an MOT as its under 2 years old.

Do they require the Insurance Cover Note as it hasn't come in the post yet (Norwich Union are usually slow) ?

regards,

KJ

Silly me -

I'm not sure about insurance - on paper probably no, but if you have it to hand it can't hurt.

if you need vehicle tax for either vehicle at the same time, you will need to complete a V10 tax application form or the V11 tax reminder form and provide the relevant certificate of insurance or valid cover note, and appropriate rate of vehicle tax. Please ensure that you have your vehicle tax disc details (expiry date and serial number) and vehicle identification number (VIN) or chassis number to hand if you intend visiting the DVLA local office

Silly me -

I'm not sure about insurance - on paper probably no, but if you have it to hand it can't hurt.

if you need vehicle tax for either vehicle at the same time, you will need to complete a V10 tax application form or the V11 tax reminder form and provide the relevant certificate of insurance or valid cover note, and appropriate rate of vehicle tax. Please ensure that you have your vehicle tax disc details (expiry date and serial number) and vehicle identification number (VIN) or chassis number to hand if you intend visiting the DVLA local office

Fred,

It has a years Tax on it.

Out of interest, why would the DVLA need the VIN?

It's not a problem as I can take the Receipt from the dealer or the "Build Card" as they both have the VIN shown.

Regards,

KJ

Last edited:
fred,

It has a years Tax on it.

Why would I need the VIN?

It's not a problem as I can take the Receipt from the dealer or the "Build Card" as they both have the VIN shown.

Regards,

KJ

That's not me, that is the DVLA...

Take your tax in with you as they reissue it and cancel the old one.

It is you BarryJ spouting the rubbish
Read the DVLA's guides again. It states you can apply for the transfer using the V5C\2 so long as you fill in a V62 as well. It doesn't say ' don't bother if you have the old V5 going through the system "
How can I make it clear to you that I did not rock up with an out of date V5, I ' rocked up " as you put it with the slip from the V5 that says ' you are claiming to be the new keeper '. If what you were saying had one iota of truth to it, then nobody would be able to transfer a plate to their car if the previous owner had handed them the V5C/2 slip and sent off the V5.
It is the dunces at the DVLA who are misreading their own rules.

The reason they allow you to ' rock up " with a V5C/2 is because they state it can take up too 6 weeks ( shameful ) for the new V5 to reach you.

For the last time, this is a DIRECT QUOTE- word for word, from DVLA documents and their own website.

'' If you have newly acquired the vehicle and you are in possession of the green V5/2 or V5C/2 portion of the registration Document / Certificate, you can use this with your application provided it is accompanied by a V62 application for a Registration Certificate "

Please please show me in that quote were it states ' not if you have sent off the old V5 and are awaiting the new one. " I have read it over and over again and I can't find that statement in the paragraph from the DVLA.

Last edited:
I wont have others insult me on here as the barry character has done. If they dish it out they can expect it back. In a discussion such as this, I am trying to deal in fact, not ' opinion "

'As previous posts have clearly proved you seem unable to regard anyone elses opinion as anything other than utter rubish, I don't think I have skills equal to the task of convincing you to stop ignoring the bleeding obvious but here goes anyway.'

I wont have others insult me on here as the barry character has done. If they dish it out they can expect it back. In a discussion such as this, I am trying to deal in fact, not ' opinion "

'As previous posts have clearly proved you seem unable to regard anyone elses opinion as anything other than utter rubish, I don't think I have skills equal to the task of convincing you to stop ignoring the bleeding obvious but here goes anyway.'

Not being funny, but I tend to agree with BarryJ.
In about 75% of your posts, you do not take anyone elses opinion as the truth. You continue as if you are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's how you come across to me, and I'm sure, many others.

I might do if they were to offer some proof that their opinion was based on fact. Which is why, when possible, I provide evidence, hence my quoting of the relevant DVLA document to back up what I am saying.

It is you BarryJ spouting the rubbish
Read the DVLA's guides again. It states you can apply for the transfer using the V5C\2 so long as you fill in a V62 as well. It doesn't say ' don't bother if you have the old V5 going through the system "
How can I make it clear to you that I did not rock up with an out of date V5, I ' rocked up " as you put it with the slip from the V5 that says ' you are claiming to be the new keeper '. If what you were saying had one iota of truth to it, then nobody would be able to transfer a plate to their car if the previous owner had handed them the V5C/2 slip and sent off the V5.
It is the dunces at the DVLA who are misreading their own rules.

The reason they allow you to ' rock up " with a V5C/2 is because they state it can take up too 6 weeks ( shameful ) for the new V5 to reach you.

For the last time, this is a DIRECT QUOTE- word for word, from DVLA documents and their own website.

'' If you have newly acquired the vehicle and you are in possession of the green V5/2 or V5C/2 portion of the registration Document / Certificate, you can use this with your application provided it is accompanied by a V62 application for a Registration Certificate "

Please please show me in that quote were it states ' not if you have sent off the old V5 and are awaiting the new one. " I have read it over and over again and I can't find that statement in the paragraph from the DVLA.

It is no surprise to me that you ignore common sense and continue to spout about rules, one more try:

You apply for a passport in your current address you send off the passport, 2 weeks later you go directly to the passport office to try and change the address on the application that is already working its way through the system.

They tell you that you cannot as the passport has already been sent out and you cannot change it until you recieve the one that is in the system.

It does not say on the passport application that you cannot do this, however common sense would tell you that you cannot.

Proceed to only answer the parts of my post that suit you, or totally ignore it as suits your needs.

Can we call a truce please? I know I am at liberty not to read, but the words "train wreck" spring to mind! I for one am tired of hearing the arguments

In the scheme of things, does it really matter? Let's take thoughts to Burma - now THERE is someone with something to be upset about :crazy:

'As previous posts have clearly proved you seem unable to regard anyone Else's opinion as anything other than utter rubbish, I don't think I have skills equal to the task of convincing you to stop ignoring the bleeding obvious but here goes anyway.'

I missed this rant! I am glad you quoted that bit as its a little favorite of mine.

Dave we are all responsible for our on-line persona, most if any on here will never meet you. In my opinion (not a fact, but an opinion drawn from the only evidence at hand) you come over really badly. You may chose to take this as an insult, I would be lying if I said I cared..........................I have no problem with 'taking it back' as you say.

Where are you going to 'rock up to' next and ignore common sense and spout the rules? probably somewhere on the form that states they can change any part of it at any time and that the 'rules' where correct at the time of going to press, tell you what......................you check. I have a life!

Happy to help with any other concepts where common sense is necessary in the future.

You can now read this post and either accept that it is a true , word for word copy and paste from letter received by myself from DVLA or chunter on about me making it up.

'The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) would also trust that a newly issued V5C would be with the recipient within 5 working days of issue. Therefore, Local Offices (LOs) have been advised to accept vehicle registration number transfer applications or assignment applications which are supported by an Application for a Registration Certificate (V62) and a new keeper supplement (V5/2C), if a V5C has been issued within 5 working days of the transfer / assignment application being presented, as in your case. Therefore, I offer apologies on behalf of the Agency that your application was not accepted on first presentation.'

See I was right - they were wrong. Feel free to call me a liar.

An update.

I went to the DVLA office on Friday, handed over my tax disc, V750 and V5 and was back outside within 10 minutes plus the 5 minute waiting time.

15 minutes is not bad at all!:D

Now who said that the DVLA are useless???:devil:

It toook longer to get through to the Insurance company to change the Reg!

Regards,

KJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom