Aftermarket Car Stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

patrickwatts

Car
W245 2009
Hi,

I am here for seeking some help.
I am planning to replace the audio system of my W245, I found there are some custom ones said Plug & Play. Have you heard or is there anyone one here have an XTRONS head unit for your car? Is it good fit?

I was looking this one, it said 4G RAM and 64G ROM, PX5, and support car play.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VLXDLKH/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

People have used Xtrons replacing older comand units on here.

I have fitted an Erisin one for a friend and it works really well.
Xtrons are one of the better suppliers too along with Seicane.

It was Android 8.0 based and I've not looked at 9.0 but assume it will be OK.
8.0 is very stable in my experience and there are no issues with app compatibility as yet.

One thing that caught me out on the W245 was that the antenna amp is powered by the headunit so you do need to connect the relevant cable to the antenna adapter but otherwise it was plug and play.

I got a XTRONS PE88M211PL for my partner as birthday gift a while ago. haven't had a chance to install it due to work commitments.
Just got around to installing the unit, it powers up okay, sound quality is much better than i expected, so as the overall quality of the unit.
Just missing a few functionalities, I want to purchase a dvr camera, a dab Ariel and a MOST fibre optic decoder.

I was looking at this DVR:

XTRONS HD Car Front Rear DVR Video Recorder Dash Cam Rear View Camera Dual Lens | eBay

Now still waiting for XTRONS support to confirm my order.

I fitted an Erisin 9" unit over two years ago - so far it's faultless.
Both Erisin and Xtrons use the same ODM, so it's just a matter of support, extras and customised interface.
The spec of the linked unit looks top notch, just be aware - you'd need a CarPlay dongle for this feature to work.

42032264384_81e9394d44_o.jpg

31251851967_d4f2ab0f30_o.jpg

CarPlay:
47573438961_9dbb9064f6_o.jpg

Reversing Cam:
32084934827_d378d1b17e_o.jpg

I have fitted an Erisin one for a friend and it works really well.
Xtrons are one of the better suppliers too along with Seicane.

It was Android 8.0 based and I've not looked at 9.0 but assume it will be OK.
8.0 is very stable in my experience and there are no issues with app compatibility as yet.

One thing that caught me out on the W245 was that the antenna amp is powered by the headunit so you do need to connect the relevant cable to the antenna adapter but otherwise it was plug and play.
Thank you, I will look up it.

I fitted an Erisin 9" unit over two years ago - so far it's faultless.
Both Erisin and Xtrons use the same ODM, so it's just a matter of support, extras and customised interface.
The spec of the linked unit looks top notch, just be aware - you'd need a CarPlay dongle for this feature to work.
Thank you for the sharing. Yes, warranty must be considered. After doing some searching, I found Xtrons gives 2 years warranty on their website, but erisin only gives one year.
And I prefer the UI from Xtrons, the icons are bigger, it's better for drving I feel.
I found yours is big screen, how was it work with full touch screen?

Reactions: GLK
I got a XTRONS PE88M211PL for my partner as birthday gift a while ago. haven't had a chance to install it due to work commitments.
Just got around to installing the unit, it powers up okay, sound quality is much better than i expected, so as the overall quality of the unit.
Just missing a few functionalities, I want to purchase a dvr camera, a dab Ariel and a MOST fibre optic decoder.

I was looking at this DVR:

XTRONS HD Car Front Rear DVR Video Recorder Dash Cam Rear View Camera Dual Lens | eBay

Now still waiting for XTRONS support to confirm my order.
Seems good, it included 2 cameras. Maybe I will also consider to get one if I finally get an XTRONS unit.

looking at this.. you have to say... Most in car displays are pretty DULL in comparison. If mine was that responsive and visible ... it would be SO much better... the phone could live in the glove box.
(not that I touch it while driving officer!) Iuse mine for Waze

Thank you for the sharing. Yes, warranty must be considered. After doing some searching, I found Xtrons gives 2 years warranty on their website, but erisin only gives one year.
And I prefer the UI from Xtrons, the icons are bigger, it's better for drving I feel.
I found yours is big screen, how was it work with full touch screen?

I went for a larger screen, as I felt there was no need to preserve OEM look anymore, since my interior was either already modified, or was in the middle of it (carbon instrument cluster backplate came later, than the head unit). I also didn't want a built-in DVD drive, for heat dissipation and reliability reasons (no moving parts), and simply not being of any use to me at all.

The screen works fine, I do use it to switch between side and front cameras, etc, but mostly operate playback via steering wheel controls.

I like the iOS lookalike interface on my Erisin, although I might switch to the one suggested above - love the UNIX feel of this one.

I went for a larger screen, as I felt there was no need to preserve OEM look anymore, since my interior was either already modified, or was in the middle of it (carbon instrument cluster backplate came later, than the head unit). I also didn't want a built-in DVD drive, for heat dissipation and reliability reasons (no moving parts), and simply not being of any use to me at all.

The screen works fine, I do use it to switch between side and front cameras, etc, but mostly operate playback via steering wheel controls.

I like the iOS lookalike interface on my Erisin, although I might switch to the one suggested above - love the UNIX feel of this one.
Thank you. I am also considering a no built-in DVD unit.

You probably already know but once a new launcher is installed you can swap between them really easily so you can try a few out including the AGAMA one which has a trial period.

You probably already know but once a new launcher is installed you can swap between them really easily so you can try a few out including the AGAMA one which has a trial period.
Didn't know that, thanks.:)
Just need to find time to play with all these ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom