Are all bolts created equally?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardgr88

Car
Mercedes CLK 280 Sport Cabrio
Hi,

I need at one of these A0029900303 which I believe is an M6 bolt 27mm in length with an E8 for the ignition coils. Foolishly slightly sheered one off a bit. But they’re not available.

Is another Mercedes M6 bolt with an E8 head and 27mm or less up to the job in wondering? Anywhere else I’d probably chance it but as it is going into one of the engine covers not so keen to risk it and find out. I suppose what I’m asking is if and M6 thread in a Mercedes bolt is much the same as another Mercedes M6 bolt.

Many thanks in advance.
Richard

Thanks for the replies. Maybe sheared was the wrong word. Rounded is more suitable. Think I’m going to have to remove it careful with the E8/hex/multi point socket or grips. While it is out cut a channel across the top then in the absence of another bolt hopefully use a flat head to do it back up.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe sheared was the wrong word. Rounded is more suitable. Think I’m going to have to remove it careful with the E8/hex/multi point socket or grips. While it is out cut a channel across the top then in the absence of another bolt hopefully use a flat head to do it back up.
I've found that a multi point socket is not the best way of removing a rounded off bolt. 6 sided one is better. Ebay is your best bet for replacing the bolt - a couple of quid will buy several M6 bolts of the right length. No such thing really as a Mercedes bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom