automatic windows open/close when locking/unlocking car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjacques1

Car
2006 C180 Kompressor Sport
I have the feature that when unlocking the car with the remote ,if you keep the unlock button in,that all windows will open and the windows will all close when locking and holding in the lock button.at this time it does not do it all the time and is very furstrating.is there a setting or advise that I need to do so that it will do it all the time ?

Don't think there is a setting, but you do need to be pretty close to the car for that feature to work.

It's an issue with lots of Mercs and there's no solution.

You can try new batteries in the remote or holding it really close to the IR port on the handle but it's very hit and miss, especially as a car gets older it seems.

Thanks for the advise guys.I fitted new batteries and I am holding the remote close to the sensor.Not a big deal ,just very furstrating

In the manual it says that the range is limited so it is a design feature. And it must be line-of-sight with the IR receiver.

I believe you have to be on the driver side too. As above it's pretty hit and miss on Mercs.

I'm currently driving a rental Insignia on holiday and this feature is so useful in the daily 32 degree climate. It works without any pointing and at least 3 car lengths away.

I have the feature that when unlocking the car with the remote ,if you keep the unlock button in,that all windows will open and the windows will all close when locking and holding in the lock button.at this time it does not do it all the time and is very furstrating.is there a setting or advise that I need to do so that it will do it all the time ?

As already stated you have to keep,your finger on the unlock button to open the windows , facing the bottom of the key to the infrared sensor which is little square on your drivers door handle and keep your finger on the lock button to close them ,,, hope it helps regards Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom