Autonomous Cars

Would you buy an autonomous car

• Yes

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
DSM1000 will blow a fuse.

... how many people now "drive" horses except as a hobby/ for recreation. :dk:

HRH , The Duke of Edinburgh :D

Might soon be all he's allowed to drive on the road ...

Interesting to monitor how much, if any?? attitudes and technology have moved on since this pole started in 2017. What the original poll question perhaps reveals is how questions themselves may become out of date with changing events. For example the assumption that people might ever wish to own rather than hire,rent, lease an autonomous vehicle if they became the chief mode of individual transport is open to question?

We'll have autonomous driving capability in every car, I have no doubt. But driverless cars? Not in our lifetime I suspect. Google cars are a nice PR exercise for the company, but nowhere near ready to be released in the wild. What possibly will happen is that by the time we have the technology, cars will become obsolete as mode of transport and we'll have better ways of moving around, which will render driverless car technology obsolete as well. So it may never get implemented.

Its a market that is still very much anyones game. I dont think well see much until a big fish evolves out of this primordial soup. Once a conglomeration is formed, I think well see autonomous cargo very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom