Black paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deletedmember130310

I'll be the first to admit that I never paid that much attention at school but I'm pretty certain i recall that black absorbs all colours..

Why then does does paint seem to be better at reflections?

The black paint is not reflecting anything, it is the gloss coat reflecting your image. The black paint does not reflect anything and thus you can see the image reflected by the gloss clearly, like a mobile phone light in a dark room. Hence you cannot see your reflection in a car painted with matt black paint and no clear coat.
When you look into a car with white paint, the clear coat will reflect your image with it's buffed, mirror like finish, but you won't be able to see it because of the white paint reflecting everything else in a scattered manner. It's true that white is more reflective than black..
but what are you talking about is the car paint... it is the metallic paint used and it provides the shine to the surface which means light rays follows the laws of reflection in somewhat ideal manner ... more shinier the surface is ideal is the reflection but in case of white there are whole lot of images formed through reflection therefore you cannot see your images clearly whereas black absorbs the light rays which are non prominent and thus images formed through reflection of rays are more focused on nearby objects in this case its you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom