Bonanza of Crazy '11' Number Plates.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
From BU11DOG to BU11ETS, the 2011 DVLA number plate auctions.

LINK.

God I hate the new search on the DVLA plate site, that drop down menu is so annoying!!

Bu11 sht

BO11 OCK? :eek:

You mean like my plate! lol

BOL10K

Oh how times have changed.

DVLA banning plates in case they cause offence.

How the hell can any of the following (they have banned)
Cause any offense?

BU11 ETS
CA11 GRL
AK11 LER
FI11 THY
BA11 SUP
BA11 BAG
PR11 CKS
CR11 MES
FE11 ONY
PS11 CHO
VU11 GAR
DR11 NKS

Nanny state. The needs of the few outway the needs of the many!
B****cks!!
:devil:

Last edited:
And people buyin silly plates and putting them on the bay as 'Ultimate' name plates.

i.e DA11VID £25,000 are they really living in this world ? ?

errm mind you I just bought SIO FKU for the AMG lol

It's ridiculous. If a number plate offends you then you should stay inside for your own safety. It's a number plate - get over it.

I prefer the US system where you can have anything as long as it is not more than x letters and no one else has it in your state.

How the hell can any of the following (they have banned) cause any offense?

Well, the Daily Mail can get 'offended' at just about anything. And when the Daily Mail gets offended, the rest of the nation isn't far behind (even those who don't read it). Remember Sachsgate!

BTW, there's a long tradition of the registration licensing authorities banning combinations that might offend. One of the earliest examples is "BF", because 100 years ago it was popular shorthand for "bloody fool". In 1904 Dorsetshire got as far as issuing the numbers 1 to 162 before deciding that no more would be issued, and those that had been were all withdrawn and replaced with the equivalent "FX" numbers. BF didn't see the light of day again until 1960...

All "666" combinations were banned for a few years after people started going to the papers claiming their cars were possessed by the devil. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, it's amazing how some have got through, such as FU 2 and BUL 541T. Even now you can buy a variety of F11 KC_ plates direct from the DVLA for around £600 a pop.

You mean like my plate! lol

BOL10K

Oh how times have changed.

DVLA banning plates in case they cause offence.

How the hell can any of the following (they have banned)
Cause any offense?

BU11 ETS
CA11 GRL
AK11 LER
FI11 THY
BA11 SUP
BA11 BAG
PR11 CKS
CR11 MES
FE11 ONY
PS11 CHO
VU11 GAR
DR11 NKS

Nanny state. The needs of the few outway the needs of the many!
B****cks!!
:devil:

mmm.. I might be tempted to sell one of my cherished numbers if it isn't banned. :rolleyes:

For the girl who doesn't give a damn. M155 WTF. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom