Brake squeal recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScottBacon

Car
F80 M3 Yas Marina Blue
Just thought I'd mention a recall which I happened to come across by accident really.

I took the car in for a whirring noise which is when I was advised that the tyres were nearly bare. During the same visit the dealer told me that my rear brake pads needed to be changed under warranty because the existing ones were made of a weak compound that caused brake squeal at slow speeds. As he was telling me, I was recognising exactly what he was saying as my brakes had indeed been squeaking.

It's called the 'brake squeal at slow speed' fault (oddly enough)

Don't know which models were affected or from what build date. Maybe someone else can help there :thumb:

Maybe this should be in the brakes section actually

Sorry mods

My rear C63 brakes squeeled for years. Dealer said they would strip them and charge me fir it, if they continued to squeal after that they would change them under warranty.

Told them to forget it....

I suppose it depends on the dealer. Mine was done at Merc Nottingham :thumb:

Stopping a few times from 189mph at VMAX helped with mine.... :D

I suppose it depends on the dealer. Mine was done at Merc Nottingham :thumb:

Thanks Scott, my car is due in at Nottingham for its first service on Friday and my brakes squeak too - if you don't mind can you tell me how much ££££ they charged?

I've been quoted £319 including VAT

moff said:
Thanks Scott, my car is due in at Nottingham for its first service on Friday and my brakes squeak too - if you don't mind can you tell me how much ££££ they charged? I've been quoted £319 including VAT

Supply your own oil it results in a worthwhile saving.

Thanks Scott, my car is due in at Nottingham for its first service on Friday and my brakes squeak too - if you don't mind can you tell me how much ££££ they charged?

I've been quoted £319 including VAT

Hi mate - it was totally FREE. Its a fault at manufacture. I was blissfully unaware of the possibility and I think they needed to make up their hours and so advised me opportunistically

Dont think it was this one mate. Mine was brake pads not discs :confused:

Hi Scott, I meant the price of the service? Will see if they sort the squeaky brakes too.

Thanks

Hi Scott, I meant the price of the service? Will see if they sort the squeaky brakes too.

Thanks

Didn't have a service mate. I went in originally for a whirring noise on front right wheel. I've just booked my car in for its first service on Mon 3rd March in derby - can't tell you the cost cos I just pay the service plan way for £10 per month (I got a deal when I bought the car as it should have been £40 per month - so a no brainer there)

Been confirmed today by Merc at Derby that this only applied to C63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom