Buying a c63 amg...Which one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eyeofthetiger

Car
2010 c63 amg
Hi everyone. I have recently test drove a c63 amg which I believe is suitable fo me. I am lookin to buy a used one in 35-40k range. I have some questions which I would be garteful if people can answer.

1) I am geting vry confused about the performance package. I know about the LSD, alcanthra sterring wheel etc but some adverts have been claiming the car comes with 30bhp extra with 08 and 09 models. I researched this and my understanding was that the 30 bhp only came with 10 models onwards:confused:.
Can someone confirm how I can check wether the car does come with 30 bhp or not. Is the PP an essential buy or an extra you can live without?

2) Which is more important.. low mileage or higher spec?

3) Any reason I should NOt buy car?

Any other comments would be useful

Thank you

Last edited:
1) There is the Performance Package on older cars (which has no power increase) and the Performance Package plus on newer cars (which has the extra 30bhp). The easiest way to spot the difference is red brake calipers on the Performance package Plus cars.

2) That is personal preference really.

3) Only reason would be that you cannot afford the petrol, this car drinks fuel like nothing else.

How to spot the differences between (factory spec) Performance Packs:

Standard Car (457bhp) - this car will NOT have a limited slip diff
Grey Brake Calipers
Full leather steering wheel
Body coloured rear spoiler

Performance Pack (457hp) - this car WILL have a limited slip diff
Grey Brake Calipers
Alcantara Grips on steering wheel
Body coloured rear spoiler

This car will also have slightly firmer suspension and in my opinion is the one with the best suspension set-up of all. This also has uprated composite brakes compared to a the normal C63.

Performance Pack Plus (487hp) - this car may or may not have a limited slip diff (it was made optional on PPP's).
2010 or later registration
Red Brake Calipers
Alcantara Grips on steering wheel
Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler

On this car, if you want the diff you'll have to check the spec with Mercedes but in all honesty, you won't get a PPP with the 487bhp option for your budget yet.

This car (PPP) also doesn't have the firmer suspension of the 1st-gen PP's so you'll have to make do with the slightly softer standard spec suspension (which some prefer...not me!). It will however have the uprated brakes of the 1st-gen C63.

These cars take mileage very well so don't be afraid of a slightly higher mileage for more spec.

For your budget, find a 1st-gen PP (just look for the alcantara steering wheel), enjoy the more focussed suspension set-up, uprated brakes and having it remapped to achieve the power output of the later PPP version.

Now....go and buy one! :thumb:

How to spot the differences between (factory spec) Performance Packs:

Standard Car (457bhp) - this car will NOT have a limited slip diff
Grey Brake Calipers
Full leather steering wheel
Body coloured rear spoiler:

AMG Limited slip diff was introduced as a cost option in June/July 2008 at £1500. I had it in mine on a standard C63, so check the data sheet for the options list if you buy one. I fully recommend you have one with this feature.

Thanks palmball:cool:
I am waiting for the right car to turn up at he moment.

So I would support all comments made so far. I bought mine when it was 2+ and it has a good spec. Really depends what you are going to do with it...I do not have the 30 extra horses and I dont' miss them. As long as you can cope with the petrol it is all good fun, the loud pedal can get you in a lot of trouble fast. Driving discipline is required, but you'll be pretty unbeatable in the street. I went for low miles 9k in my case, and have never looked back.u

One thing i have noticed is take your time as they look like there hanging around the forecourts for months.

Performance pack c63's sell a lot faster than the normal cars.

Yes but Don is right with what he is saying in that it is best to get as high a spec as you can for the money as they sell much more quickly than a normal standard car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom