C class w203 phone connection help please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jameshaydon

Car
W203 C Class
Hi all.....

I have a w203 with telephone controls on the steering wheel and also radio as standard. But how do I get my phone to work with this? The car as far as I know has not been pre-wired, I spoke to mercedes who put me through to a company called braybrooks. They told me the cheapest option was to buy the clc Bluetooth radio that will solve the problem at a price of around £420 :/

Surley there is a cheaper option, for example a parrot, but would both my controls on the steering wheel and radio work with something like this?

Many thanks

James

The buttons dont mean anything all cars have the buttons, to use the phone you need phone pre-wire, it was a factory option.

If you dont have phone pre-wire it can be retrofitted but it isnt cheap. The official retrofit will still require a cradle. http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Mercedes-Phone-retrofit-kit-MOST-based-cars.html

Or there is an aftermarket option the Fiscon Pro kit which works out cheaper and works exactly the same as MB phone pre-wire but wont require a cradle. http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Fiscon-Pro-Mercedes.html

Other option is upgrade to later MY09> Audio 20 NTG2.5 unit or Comand NTG2.5, both of which have full bluetooth connectivity built in so no pre-wire or cradle needed.

Or fit an aftermarket bluetooth solution to the current stereo like Parott or Bury. Go to the relevant manufacturers website and it will tell you if there kit will work with steering controls in your model / year of car.

Wow! That isnt cheap! I could get the clc radio for around that price, which would give me better sound and a nicer visual look also. Plus I guess I could sell my old radio making a little bit of money back?

I will look into how much a parrot or bury will cost as you suggested

Much appreciated

Thanks for that, so im looking at around £230.... how much would some1 want to fit this though please?

also what audio is the standard one i have in my w203? so i can get a rough price of what it is worth....

many thanks

Alfie / Richard can install it for you, they are based in Surrey, email comand online for a price.

I assume you just have a cd/radio so you will have the older audio 20.

Alfie / Richard can install it for you, they are based in Surrey, email comand online for a price.

I assume you just have a cd/radio so you will have the older audio 20.

thanks mate ..... sorry, what do you mean by email command?

i am currenty bidding on the link you sent for the bluetooth audio 20

Email them or use the contact form on their website to get a fitting price, you wont be able to PM yet.

thanks mate ..... sorry, what do you mean by email command?

i am currenty bidding on the link you sent for the bluetooth audio 20

:mad: lol, I'll dip out of this auction then to a fellow forumite :D. I've lost 4 of these by about £1.00 each time as I've not been in when the bidding ends. Good luck with your bidding, you're doing exactly what I want to do with mine. Same seller too... I have the Parrot MK9100, it works well enough but I'd like to go the route you're going for aestheitcs & steering wheel controls though.

I have a c class w203 estate
It has the cradle under armrest but Mt Iphone don't fit it
Is there any way to upgrade the cradle

I have a c class w203 estate
It has the cradle under armrest but Mt Iphone don't fit it
Is there any way to upgrade the cradle

Hi,

You need to purchase a Viseeo Bluetooth adaptor which will enable you to pair your iphone to the car. The cradle should pull out and the new one will fit in it's place.

Comand Europe sell these and there maybe one for sale in the classifieds, although you will need to confirm it is correct for your car.

Thanks for that Dokalj
Been out this morning and yes pushed button and it slid off Happy days !!!

Got the option now to go for a blue tooth one or get the phone to suit cradle as I now know it's a Sony Ericsson w880i ( written on back of cradle )

Thanks for that Dokalj
Been out this morning and yes pushed button and it slid off Happy days !!!

Got the option now to go for a blue tooth one or get the phone to suit cradle as I now know it's a Sony Ericsson w880i ( written on back of cradle )

Happy days!!! Just make sure you get the correct bluetooth cradle for the car and I think Viseeo is your best option unless you want one from MB?

SPX has an MB2 for sale in the classified. Pretty sure it would work with yours.
Good price too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom