C200 1.5 EQ Boost front suspensions creaking noise.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Malo01

Car
C200 Sport Estate 1.5
Hi All,

I own a 2018 C200 1.5 EQ Boost Estate with 18k miles.

As mentioned in the title, my car makes some annoying creaking noises coming from behind the dash (front suspensions area/ engine bay).

This happens on speed bumps but even more when going downhill steering slightly left and the road is uneven, in that case it's even worse.

I took it in multiple times at Mercedes Gatwick and they could not pinpoint a cause so they replaced both front suspension arms, but the problem is still there. I am about to take it in again but to be honest, I don't think they will find the problem they check it quickly, nothing clearly wrong, done.
Has anyone experienced anything similar with the same car?
It annoys me so much that I drive with loud music on, not to hear it and seriously considering getting rid of it as I find it unacceptable on such premium car of that age and mileage.

Thank you in advance

Has the windscreen ever been replaced? Its glued in and is subject to torsional loading as a structural member- if subject to slight movement due to poor adhesion to the windscreen surround channel it might squeak.
Other thing to try is to get a couple of hefty friends to rock the car side to side while you try to locate the source of the squeak?

Has the windscreen ever been replaced? Its glued in and is subject to torsional loading as a structural member- if subject to slight movement due to poor adhesion to the windscreen surround channel it might squeak.
Other thing to try is to get a couple of hefty friends to rock the car side to side while you try to locate the source of the squeak?
Thanks @grober, no the windscreen is still the orginal, but I am quite certain the noise comes from the engine bay.
I tried to reproduce it by pushing the car side to side but it only happens when the car is moving, in particular, when the wheels are steered to a certain angle to the left. I do realise this is hard to pinpoint for them because it's not obvious and this is what it makes it so frustrating...

Steering column boot where it passes through the bulkhead?

No idea..I'd expect them to have checked everything as they had the car there quite a few times, maybe I can mention it to them.
One Merc representative even told me that some creaking noises here and there are normal but tbh none of my previous (and older) cars did anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom