C270 Loss of Power and Engine Whistle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barachello

Car
C270 cdi
Have noticed this over the last few days, and was hoping for a bit of guidance.

Basically the car has lost power, and is in semi limp mode (won't rev over 2k, but does accelerate) and no kickdown.

There is a distinct whistle when accelerating, which has become more distinct over the last while.

I have changed the MAF, in June to be exact, so I am happy it is ok.

Are there any pipes, bar the turbo intake, which I should be looking at, as I am assuming it is an air leak? ?

2004 C270 cdi

PS is there something wrong with the search function on the forum at the minute ??

Not sure about the search function, but the stickies are working ok, have a look.

:)

Split intercooler pipe..,

Thanks for the reply

I will check the intercooler pipe.

Just for a bit more info on my car, there is no smoke from the exhaust, and no codes being given on my bluetooth reader.

Bit of an update

I have just checked all pipes, and they all seem OK, and when out on a test drive the EML came on.

Did a quick scan with my ELM and it gave me 'P0034: Turbo Charger Bypass Valve Control Circuit Low'

Does this point to the turbo wastegate?

Check the underside of the boost pipe which attaches to the egr chamber. When you open the hood it's on the right hand side (looking at the engine) , and easy to feel!
It may have a split on the bottom of the boost pipe

I have checked that pipe, it connects to the engine side of the egr and runs underneath, and seems fine.

Thanks for that though

If you have a boost leak you will hear it.
And if you have a blocked cat you will hear something similar
Get the car on star

No signs of any leaks whatsoever

I have no MB Indies locally, but it may be my only option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom