C350e anyone considering one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad you enjoyed it.

the only way to change or select tunes in sat nav mode was to hit the media button, select & then hit the nav button again - a faff.

I find this a drag too. On previous cars an up or a down on the steering wheel would alter the track whatever mode I was in. As you say, you have to be in media mode to change the tracks.

Similar thing - if you are in Nav mode and make a phone call, the screen remains in phone mode. It doesn't revert to Nav when you end the call. :dk:

Glad you enjoyed it.

I find this a drag too. On previous cars an up or a down on the steering wheel would alter the track whatever mode I was in. As you say, you have to be in media mode to change the tracks.

Similar thing - if you are in Nav mode and make a phone call, the screen remains in phone mode. It doesn't revert to Nav when you end the call. :dk:

If you press the middle button on the "orb" controller it brings up the current media playing, you can then shuffle radio stations/current media without going off nav. You can then manually minimise or wait for it to disappear

If you press the middle button on the "orb" controller it brings up the current media playing, you can then shuffle radio stations/current media without going off nav. You can then manually minimise or wait for it to disappear

two-finger swipe up also works

I thought those were reserved for other road users :D

was thinking that as I wrote it :)

One thing I do find a minor pain is that sometimes I can't get music from my Bluetooth connected iPhone 7 to resume playing after I've taken a brief stop. Any tips or tricks?

was thinking that as I wrote it :)

One thing I do find a minor pain is that sometimes I can't get music from my Bluetooth connected iPhone 7 to resume playing after I've taken a brief stop. Any tips or tricks?

Couldn't resist, I'll have to try it though.

I tried to setup my Bluetooth to get full comand features many times when I first got my car, never got it functioning so gave up. Sorry

I wonder if it was disabled by lease company as we have strict rules over use of phones in cars at work.

Thanks Derek. I keep forgetting about that! :doh:

Yesterday I was driving along and as I went to get on to the motorway I looked down to see my e-drive was constantly on red and the rev counter blipped up to about 200rpm and went back down. The e-drive stayed in the red even without my foot on the accelerator. About 30 secs later got a message on the screen saying only e mode available, limited power, refuel immediately!! There was 3/4 tank of petrol!! I knew the next exit was about 10 miles away, and I only had 10 miles range on the battery indicator!! I used the in car info button to call Mercedes and they told me I should get off the motorway at the next exit and await a technician! I made it to the exit, turned the car off, left it a minute and restarted and immediately put it into sport to kick the engine in, that seemed to work and I was able to continue home?
Anyone else ever had this issue??

I'm sure that problem has been mentioned before.
Going into Sport mode seems to be the way out of it.

Anyone else ever had this issue??

This is what happens when people who build mobile phones get involved in building cars.

My television thinks it's a mobile phone. When I first unpacked it, it crashed all the time and needed to be rebooted. It's better now that the software has been updated a couple of times. Even now, it occasionally decides to not send an audio signal to the sound bar for a fraction of a second. It's not great, but I prefer it to my car randomly deciding not to send fuel to its engine.

Unfortunately, I think we may need to get used to this little quirk. It's the modern equivalent of needing to give the solenoid a little tap with a hammer if it sticks.

Just wait until we have autonomous driving - I hope that airbag technology improves to cope with the occasional unplanned green-laning detour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't resist, I'll have to try it though.

I tried to setup my Bluetooth to get full comand features many times when I first got my car, never got it functioning so gave up. Sorry

I wonder if it was disabled by lease company as we have strict rules over use of phones in cars at work.

Might be an iPhone thing.
My Samsung S5 is happy to resume from where it left off over bluetooth.

Finally!!!!

Well i have been reading the 350e posts with aticipation and interest for the past year, and im pleased so say that after ordering in August 2016, my C350e Premium Plus in Black :eek: with Night Pack, HUD, 360 Degree Surround Camera, Intelligent Lights and Black Ash trim, is due for delivery to me next Friday 5th May:bannana:!!!!

To say im excited is an understatement. I just hope it will be as good as my 330d M Sport that im leaving behind as its been an amazing car for the past 4 years. However after reading some posts on here im sure the Merc will live up to its reputation!!!

What can we do in regards to the wind noise ?

Hi,

Not been on here for a while but just popped on and saw your post. I've had my blue baby since Dec 15, and having driven 27k miles have spent some time in it to notice the odd niggle but generally very pleased.

With regard to noise, i found their was a surprising amount of road noise coming from the drivers side, especially on the motorway, which I wasn't expecting from a luxury cruiser. It wasn't an obvious fault but thought I'd mention it when it went for its first service and lo and behold the dealer said it was a known issue to do with the angle (or something like that) of the drivers window. Safe to say they replaced it and now it's much quieter.

Another niggle I have is a weird creaking noise coming from somewhere around the windscreen. I mentioned it and again the said they believed it was to do with a grommet or something on the steering which comes under pressure when driving at speed. That was 8 weeks ago and still not heard anything or have chased as too busy with work. Will get to the bottom of it soon. Anyone else found same?

One final gripe is more my underestimation in how much blue dye can come off on the artico leather. Bit of elbow grease will sort it but sometimes wish I'd stuck with black. Goes well with the blue mind.

Economy wise can be 40-42mpg on a mixed drive but not much more. Generally I get 35mpg but I guess I do have a heavy foot at time. Well why wouldnt I overtake everyone : ) the overall average since the last service as they reset it when updating to have the temp gauge is 35mpg. The engine has been off approx 25% of the time so will be interesting to see how that prolongs the engine parts but for the starter motor : )

I have the setting on engine Eco (so the car breaks more readily and saves me having to do it sometimes -boy do I sound lazy), suspension on Sport+ ((Still comfy and looks better with the wheels hugging the arches abit more on the 17's - small things matter sometimes lol) - Steering on Sport (better feel of the road at lower speeds). I've not seen much difference putting the air quality setting on eco vs comfort.

Apparently the sat nav has had an overhaul but not seen any examples of it just that someone mentioned it's now different and doesn't have the wheel thing pop up on the bottom of the map screen. Perhaps ask when I next take it in.

How you are all keeping well and look forward to reading more posts about new new options now available since launch. Apparently blue break calipers - would've liked that!

I'm still very much in the early days with ours. Still only 1317 on the clock. Starting to really like it now....apart from my somewhat obsessive niggle with how crap the ICE sounds at idle/low revs.

Got a couple of decent runs coming up soon and really looking forward to them just to spend some time in the car. Not felt like that for a long time.

One thing though, if MB do an E350e Coupe I think I'd be seriously tempted to chop the C in for one!

I'm struggling to work out if it is worth it (cheaper) to pay this £1 pound connection fee at my local charge points [emoji848]

Unfortunately can't charge at home yet, but there is GMEV charge points at my work which will charge this £1 connection fee.

If I was to just charge when the battery was completely empty, do approx 550 miles a month, and have an embarrassing all time mpg of 31 ish - is it worth charging say 3 times a week at work for £1 each time?

I'm struggling to work out if it is worth it (cheaper) to pay this £1 pound connection fee at my local charge points [emoji848]

Unfortunately can't charge at home yet, but there is GMEV charge points at my work which will charge this £1 connection fee.

If I was to just charge when the battery was completely empty, do approx 550 miles a month, and have an embarrassing all time mpg of 31 ish - is it worth charging say 3 times a week at work for £1 each time?

Sounds like a good enough deal to me:
1. Say £1 electric gets you 10 miles of range
2. At 30mpg, that would be a saving of 1/3 of a gallon of petrol, or 1.5 litres
3. At £1.20 a litre, or whatever it costs right now (I've only been to a petrol station once this year), your electric miles would be roughly half the price of your petrol miles

Better differential in the summer and worse in the winter, but unless charging is a pain to organise, I'd go for it.

But take into account that I'm ******, so this might be gibberish [emoji51]

Ooh - automatic expletive removal! Who knew?

I have been drinking.

3. At £1.20 a litre, or whatever it costs right now (I've only been to a petrol station once this year), your electric miles would be roughly half the price of your petrol miles

Better differential in the summer and worse in the winter, but unless charging is a pain to organise, I'd go for it.

Yeah I agree at first I thought it wasn't worth it as I was comparing the charge cost at home but actually as Dodgy has detailed it's still worthwhile and Polar Instant and CYC charge around the £1 mark so it's worthwhile.

It definitely isn't worthwhile with say Ecotricity at Ikea where it's £6 for half an hour or something!

Hmmmmmm.... theory sounds ok but getting 10 miles from a full charge sounds optimistic. When (when) I charge at work the dash says 16 miles of electric. However, under normal driving it increases my return journey mpg by a max 2mpg to 42mpg over a 60 mile journey. Someone please do the math, my brain hurts thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom