C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ha ha. Same this weekend. I'm often going 25 miles into the 'refuel now', but when the wife is in the car I have to fuel up straight away and get audible reminders every 30 seconds until I do :)

Joking aside - I don't understand why it goes from 40 miles range to zero.

Ah, the Uxorial Warning System. Standard fitment on every car I've ever owned.

Just done 25 miles after low fuel warning and filled up with 45 litres, so it's pretty conservative. Plenty of old posts on here with others' similar experience as well.

Charging problems

So after 10 months of ownership I've experienced my first issue today. Plugged the car in to my tethered Rolec charger and it's tripping the RCD in the home fuse box.

I thought it may have been the charger but I then tried plugging in via the 13amp plug into a normal mains socket and I have a red flashing light in the black box attached to the cable.

So looks like it's a fault with the car but I'm not getting any messages or warnings from the dash and the car seems to be running fine in E mode plus charges itself in Charge mode.

Anyone experienced similar problems before I call Mercedes?

So after 10 months of ownership I've experienced my first issue today. Plugged the car in to my tethered Rolec charger and it's tripping the RCD in the home fuse box.

I thought it may have been the charger but I then tried plugging in via the 13amp plug into a normal mains socket and I have a red flashing light in the black box attached to the cable.

So looks like it's a fault with the car but I'm not getting any messages or warnings from the dash and the car seems to be running fine in E mode plus charges itself in Charge mode.

Anyone experienced similar problems before I call Mercedes?

Almost certainly the charge socket water ingress problem. IIRC that is the typical first symptom. Until the water reaches the charger/battery management unit in the car, it can't generate any warnings in the car itself.

As long as they have the part in stock, it's a one-day job apparently. Give them a call.

Mine goes in for its first service at 12 months next month.
Where can I find the software version for the satnav and the main audio 20? I want to make sure if there is an update available I get it.
What are the latest versions please.

Thanks in advance.

Mine goes in for its first service at 12 months next month.
Where can I find the software version for the satnav and the main audio 20? I want to make sure if there is an update available I get it.
What are the latest versions please.

Thanks in advance.

Can't help with the versions I'm afraid as ours has COMAND, but it'll be interesting to see if you get the cable mod.

I'm enjoying the warmer weather. 9 mile trip a couple of days ago using only a dash of fuel and a 40 mile trip today at 60mpg. The battery is almost worth lugging around again!

Yesterday, I experienced my first real gripe with my c350e - the "distance till empty" reading.

On my previous car (Audi), this was really quite accurate - on one occassion I even managed (somewhat scarily) to get it down to 3 miles remaining before filling up.

Yesterday, I was driving home from work - a 39 mile journey - on petrol only as I hadn't had the opportunity to re-charge after the journey there. The car said I had 70 miles distance remaining on petrol, so I thought no problem - I'll refuel at my local (cheap) garage when I get home.

The journey was fairly typical - motorway driving in rush hour, so mostly moving but with a little stop/start.

The DTE counter seemed to reduce by 2 miles for every mile I drove - no matter what I did or how well I caressed the pedals.

To make matters worse, when it got down to about 40 miles remaining (23 actual I think), it no longer showed the DTE figure - it just showed the "refuel now" graphic, with the fuel gauge flashing, leaving me with absolutely no clue if I was about to run out of fuel or not.

I had to stop ASAP and top-up at a mega-expensive motorway service station as I didn't want to risk running out.

What are other people's experience of the DTE reading?

I had the same concerns during the return leg of a long trip. But I discovered that to get back to the actual DTE screen after it shows the refuel graphic you just acknowledge that you've seen the warning by pressing OK on the steering wheel, then it continues to show miles remaining.

Ha ha. Same this weekend. I'm often going 25 miles into the 'refuel now', but when the wife is in the car I have to fuel up straight away and get audible reminders every 30 seconds until I do :)

Joking aside - I don't understand why it goes from 40 miles range to zero.

Just press OK on the wheel to acknowledge the warning, mine continues to display the range after that.

I'm enjoying the warmer weather. 9 mile trip a couple of days ago using only a dash of fuel and a 40 mile trip today at 60mpg. The battery is almost worth lugging around again! ��

You are not kidding. My commute that I've been getting low 40s all winter today dealt me 60 one way and 99 the other :)

Yesterday, I experienced my first real gripe with my c350e - the "distance till empty" reading.

On my previous car (Audi), this was really quite accurate - on one occassion I even managed (somewhat scarily) to get it down to 3 miles remaining before filling up.

Yesterday, I was driving home from work - a 39 mile journey - on petrol only as I hadn't had the opportunity to re-charge after the journey there. The car said I had 70 miles distance remaining on petrol, so I thought no problem - I'll refuel at my local (cheap) garage when I get home.

The journey was fairly typical - motorway driving in rush hour, so mostly moving but with a little stop/start.

The DTE counter seemed to reduce by 2 miles for every mile I drove - no matter what I did or how well I caressed the pedals.

To make matters worse, when it got down to about 40 miles remaining (23 actual I think), it no longer showed the DTE figure - it just showed the "refuel now" graphic, with the fuel gauge flashing, leaving me with absolutely no clue if I was about to run out of fuel or not.

I had to stop ASAP and top-up at a mega-expensive motorway service station as I didn't want to risk running out.

What are other people's experience of the DTE reading?
The issue as I see it is 2 fold, 1/ unlike beema's there is no audible warning of low fuel and remaining mileage disappears when you get down to circa 50 miles on the display, I actually prefer this less obtrusive approach, as the beema's gave you the same 'ping' if the engine was about to fall out!, e.g. Loosing all it's coolant. 2/ The remaining miles is calculated by your average mpg reading (which includes your time on electric, in my instance 54mpg) X gallons in tank, however actual mpg once battery is depleted is more like 30/40 to the gallon. Therefore when my car tells me I have 54 miles remaining, i.e. A gallon, I've really only got the 30/40 miles range left on the ICE. It's quite disconcerting at first. The best solution is to head to a petrol station as soon as you can after you get the first pop up message. Consequently I find find myself less likely to try and explore the limits of range on a full tank in the C350e, which is probably a good thing! We shouldn't be running the fuel levels too low in an ideal world anyway.

I did about 25 miles after the fuel light came on yesterday, when I re fueled i could only get 45 ltrs in, so was probably good for another 30-40 miles.

Just curious @ Saxon6 do you always get full bhp when in engine mode or whatever it's called, or is there a scenario when you only have 211bhp engine and completely flat battery's or is there something that keeps it combined somehow?

In hybrid mode without satnav enabled, the car seems to treat 20% as the lowest preferred battery level and it becomes more aggressive at recharging the lower the battery level goes. In e-mode, the lowest it wants to go is 10% with the occasional dip slightly below. The charging targets coasting and breaking periods for the majority of the time. I'm pretty sure that if you keep the pedal to the metal for a few minutes with the battery already at 10-20%, you'll drop to 211bhp, but I doubt you'd have a flat battery. I think it would stay at roughly 10%. Anyone fancy a thrash around an oval to test this theory?

On UK roads and keeping to the speed limits you're never going to get near to losing the electric horses. On an autobahn, you might. Except you'd probably run out of fossil fuel almost as quickly...

Anyone had a remap or tuning box fitted to their c350e yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 2 1/2 months in the body shop (curtousy of an ar*e who rear ended me) I finally got the car back last week, only for it to go straight back in!!! :devil: The car was sending out an amber error message relating to the battery, requiring the car to be stopped.

I'm pleased to say I've just been told it's all sorted, though I haven't tried it yet. It is related to a relay switch. Apparently it is a known problem (sorry if it's been discussed previously), and MB have informed me that recall letters are due to be sent out to owners to have this replaced.

Has anyone else heard of, or experienced this??

Attachments

• IMG_4568.jpg
    IMG_4568.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom