C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been looking at this forum for a few months but this is my first post. Great community with lots of knowledgeable people and valid comments.

Bought a C350e a year ago mostly for my wife to drive, it’s a Sport Premium Saloon in blue. She came out of an E350 coupe diesel so bit of a leap of faith but she is loving the C350e and it’s saving loads in fuel costs. Loved that 3.0 V6, bags of power and sounded nice but had to move on

We had a Chargemaster charge point fitted at home, she drives 10 to 15 miles per day so it spends most it’s time running on electric. It takes about 2.5 hours to charge on the chargemaster compared to 4hours on the brick charger which was a pain in butt to use.

Performance is great especially in Sport plus , more than compensates for the loss of the E class. Can’t say we have had any problems with it apart from keep getting messages on my phone saying the sunroof is open and the windows are open when they are not, anyone else had that? Mercedes Me are stumped with it and keep telling me to try different things but it keeps doing it at random.

The other one, often you can plug the cable in, lock the doors and the little green light comes on but it simply does not charge. Open the doors, pull the cable out then go through the plug in process again then it will charge...found as well if you unlock the car when it’s still charging to get some thing out then lock it again and it won’t resume charging..so you have to unplug the cable and start again.

Wife has arthritis so the pre climate is great

No issues here with false alerts.

2.5 hours on the Chargemaster sounds quite long. Has the battery been upgraded from 6.2kWh since my June 2016 delivery? Mine takes just over 1.5 hours...

Have you checked the in-car setting for the charge it will accept? I think there are Max (16A), 13A, 10A and 8A settings. You might be on the 10A setting, which is fine unless you’re in a hurry to charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took delivery of the car in September 2016, not sure when it was produced. How can I tell if it is the later battery.

Did not know you could change the charge setting, something else to go and figure out on it! Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up Dodgy, checked in the menu and it was set on 8A, it charged from zero to full in 1.5 hours this afternoon.

Anyone had problems getting their pre entry climate control to work.
It used to be reliable, but recently it’s been patchy at best.
Whether plugged in on charge or not the app just shows the “starting” message and doesn’t go any further.
Yesterday when it was frosty despite a full charge it wouldn’t come on so I went out and started it manually. But the engine came on, why when it’s fully charged?

I ordered (paid the deposit) for my C350e on 17th Sept '17. I've not been given a date yet or, even, a date when I'll get a date. Is this par for the course or is this something I can chase up some how?
I have just been given a 'to the dealer' date of 5th Feb 2018. Subject to the usual caveats etc. I'm guessing I'll ask them to keep it until March so that it can go on a 18 plate. That's if the suspense doesn't kill me first!

Anyone had problems getting their pre entry climate control to work.
It used to be reliable, but recently it’s been patchy at best.
Whether plugged in on charge or not the app just shows the “starting” message and doesn’t go any further.
Yesterday when it was frosty despite a full charge it wouldn’t come on so I went out and started it manually. But the engine came on, why when it’s fully charged?

Mine has been patchy in the past, but reliable recently. [emoji848]

I think it depends on the mobile signal and the Mercedes Me servers. If the servers are as slow as the app, I’m not surprised requests occasionally time out.

The engine came on for me one day last week as well - just for 30 seconds or so. I’m not sure why, but the coding of the hybrid system must be crazily complicated.

Pre climate works first time every time on ours. Perhaps the dodgy messages about the roof and windows being open are the price to pay for that...

I have just been given a 'to the dealer' date of 5th Feb 2018. Subject to the usual caveats etc. I'm guessing I'll ask them to keep it until March so that it can go on a 18 plate. That's if the suspense doesn't kill me first!
What model is this for? Saloon or estate? Just wondering whether this has any effect on the expected delivery dates, as mine is an estate and not due until 31st March, even though I ordered at the start of September!!!

Yes, it is an estate. I think the delivery dates and how long you have to wait are down to the dealer with which you are buying. Dealers have an allocation of cars over time. If a dealer does not have a large allocation for your model or has lots of orders already using their allocation then you may have to wait longer. There are companies that you can find on the Internet who will 'shop around' for you and they may be able to get something sooner, especially, if what you are looking for is a more standard spec.

Yes, it is an estate. I think the delivery dates and how long you have to wait are down to the dealer with which you are buying. Dealers have an allocation of cars over time. If a dealer does not have a large allocation for your model or has lots of orders already using their allocation then you may have to wait longer. There are companies that you can find on the Internet who will 'shop around' for you and they may be able to get something sooner, especially, if what you are looking for is a more standard spec.
Unfortunately mine is a company car and is through Arval so have little choice. Will just keep waiting.

I suppose it had to happen.

While turning in a pitch black road I've caught the rear bumper on a boulder.

What look like small pock marks near the charge cover. Looks like it will need rubbing smooth and painting.

Any recommendations on companies to use etc? I'm in the North West, not far from Manchester and Liverpool.

I suppose it had to happen.

While turning in a pitch black road I've caught the rear bumper on a boulder.

What look like small pock marks near the charge cover. Looks like it will need rubbing smooth and painting.

Any recommendations on companies to use etc? I'm in the North West, not far from Manchester and Liverpool.

Hi Rassiloth

Sorry to hear about that misfortune- I know how it feels- I made myself very sad reversing to my own garage door leaving scuff on the bumper!!

Can you share a picture? It helps evaluating the damage and perhaps recommending the good people.

M

Hi Rassiloth

Sorry to hear about that misfortune- I know how it feels- I made myself very sad reversing to my own garage door leaving scuff on the bumper!!

Can you share a picture? It helps evaluating the damage and perhaps recommending the good people.

M

Some pics of the damage...

a70a839dc0a64bb30b226f2d1dc1c82e.jpg
e76230689533925d5522e78d9c60d395.jpg

New member here. Currently, have BMW 3 Series Tourer as a company car and looking to switching to Hybrid with c350E. Looks like the government are reducing the BIK savings from the next year when using comcar.com.

I don't do too many miles (approx 12000 per year) with 3 out of the 5 days driving 20 miles round trip on heavily congested roads in Birmingham. Looking at the savings against another BWM (this time an automatic ed plus) it seems to be only about 40GBP per month on a worse case return of 30 MPG with the Mercedes. Any recommendations for anyone? Is it worth moving t a hybrid or not? Thanks for any replies.

New member here. Currently, have BMW 3 Series Tourer as a company car and looking to switching to Hybrid with c350E. Looks like the government are reducing the BIK savings from the next year when using comcar.com.

I don't do too many miles (approx 12000 per year) with 3 out of the 5 days driving 20 miles round trip on heavily congested roads in Birmingham. Looking at the savings against another BWM (this time an automatic ed plus) it seems to be only about 40GBP per month on a worse case return of 30 MPG with the Mercedes. Any recommendations for anyone? Is it worth moving t a hybrid or not? Thanks for any replies.

Only if you want a quiet, quick luxury motor for less money than a noisy slow one.

Economy in the Merc is hard to predict, but some people in here have a similar commute to yours. If you’re charging at home but not at work, you’ll get anything between 45 and 90mpg depending on weather (mostly temperature) and traffic and road type.

I had a 3 series tourer (with an M Sport pack) in the previous body shape, so maybe a bit smaller than yours. It was a fantastic car to drive and the Merc can’t compete, except for the air suspension, which is superb.

I love short journeys on 100% electric power in the Merc, but I miss 65mpg on long journeys from a diesel - you’ll not get more than 50mpg from the Merc on a long motorway journey.

Pre-conditioning in a frosty morning is the best. No spraying, no scraping, just a warm seat and clear windows.

I’m surprised the monthly cost is so close. It was nearly £200 when I chose the Merc, so there was no contest and I’m very happy with the Merc.

That’s bad luck. I reversed into a very low concrete wall today in a tight Southampton multi-storey car park.
Didn’t pick it up with the camera. And the front bleepers are so loud they drown out the quieter rears. Nice crunching sound though.
Too dark to see the damage. Not looking forward to the morning.

Economy in the Merc is hard to predict, but some people in here have a similar commute to yours. If you’re charging at home but not at work, you’ll get anything between 45 and 90mpg depending on weather (mostly temperature) and traffic and road type.

I had a 3 series tourer (with an M Sport pack) in the previous body shape, so maybe a bit smaller than yours. It was a fantastic car to drive and the Merc can’t compete, except for the air suspension, which is superb.

I love short journeys on 100% electric power in the Merc, but I miss 65mpg on long journeys from a diesel - you’ll not get more than 50mpg from the Merc on a long motorway journey.

Pre-conditioning on a frosty morning is the best. No spraying, no scraping, just a warm seat and clear windows.

I’m surprised the monthly cost is so close. It was nearly £200 when I chose the Merc, so there was no contest and I’m very happy with the Merc.

Ta, I'm looking at the tax year 2018/2019 (as that's when the car would arrive with the delay in processing). Looks like the government are slowly decreasing the tax relief on these vehicles and I read on the forum the P11D rebate was reduced to 2.5K so perhaps that's the reason for the difference. If it had been this tax year I wouldn't even be asking the question! 50MPG on motorway sounds fine as I'll be saving on the short commutes to work (no charging facilities at work, unfortunately, just home). I'm gonna take the plunge and get my order in this week.

Ta, I'm looking at the tax year 2018/2019 (as that's when the car would arrive with the delay in processing). Looks like the government are slowly decreasing the tax relief on these vehicles and I read on the forum the P11D rebate was reduced to 2.5K so perhaps that's the reason for the difference. If it had been this tax year I wouldn't even be asking the question! 50MPG on motorway sounds fine as I'll be saving on the short commutes to work (no charging facilities at work, unfortunately, just home). I'm gonna take the plunge and get my order in this week.

From my own checks last year, it goes up in 18/19 and again in 19/20. However so do all the other rates, it's a general BiK escalator.

The new system proposed in the budget last time moves ULEVs into a tiered banding based on 'mileage on pure electric'. From memory on the proposed figures the C350e is at the top of the ULEV bands. In theory it means that in 21/22 the BiK will drop slightly from the previous year.

I could be wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom