C63 AMG Daily Driver ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TAB2012

Car
X5 & Audi
Hi everyone

How is the C63 as a daily driver? Is it an 'everyday' car? I've had a 997S which I perceived to be a weekend car but thinking of the C63 as daily?

Fuel consumption will be the main issue for me. Not the cost, just the annoyance of frequent fill-ups when I could buy a nice diesel & have it mapped. I know the C63 will be a different thing altogether, but just considering options at present.

I'd maybe do around 12K miles PA.

Town drive I got 180 miles from full tank mind you I just got the car like 4 days ago so I do put my foot down here and there and that sound doesn't help.

Other than that its brilliant daily driver.

I know a few with C63's and most use them as a daily.

Including some very heavily modded ones. :D

Use it and love it, every car uses fuel. Just that you may use a little more...

I do 12k miles pa and fill up around once a week - it's not too onerous given the benefits of the sound and performance. My commute is motorway and A roads, I get around 22mpg. Drive it hard and this drops to 13-18 mpg - then you'll be stopping for fuel a lot more often.

Having said that, I am looking forward to my new C63 S in May when my fuel economy will rise by 30%!

Mine was a daily, car and as great. Max 200miles to a tank, 20mpg.

Only thing that can burn you is tyre costs.

Robby122 said:
Town drive I got 180 miles from full tank mind you I just got the car like 4 days ago so I do put my foot down here and there and that sound doesn't help. Other than that its brilliant daily driver.

180-200 miles from a tank is about right I'd say. I have had almost 400 miles from mine on a good run.

The fuel is just one thing, the rear tyres are another thing altogether, with around 5-6000 miles between changes being my reality.

It is well worth it though for that amazing noise.

I avg 150-170 miles to a tank that's town miles and school run so cold starts best daily ive ever had be even better when I visit msl soon

I wish these cars had bigger tank 66L is not enough :)

You must drive it like you stole it Paul, all the time! I got 14k miles out of my first set of rears!

You must drive it like you stole it Paul, all the time! I got 14k miles out of my first set of rears!
You drive like a granny in that case haha, jokes aside I checked my tyres today and rear ones are around 3.5mm on 8k miles will get 10k max I reckon

Mrs D and I both have an AMG as an every day car, and they're both just as easy to drive as any other car we've ever had.

That said my C32 has recently retired ready and waiting for me to advertise it for sale :(

matt1977 said:

Generally the first set of tyres last longer than any subsequent set.

I'm on Goodyear Asymmetric 2s, they're quite soft and not MO, which makes a big difference apparently.

I'm fairly spirited with my driving, now and again I suppose, you can't really be much else when it's had the secondary cats gutted and a remap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom