C63 First Service Feedback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moff

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
Hi everyone,

My amazing car turned 1 last week and went in for its first service at 11500 miles.

Nottingham MB (Inchcape dealer) quoted me £319 including VAT and charged me £303 which was nice.

No issues with the car, but they couldn't complete:

1. COMAND update as it takes 4 hours
2. Rear brake squeal recall due to no stock

So it's going back in ASAP.

Annoyingly they forgot to reset the service reminder so that appears everytime I start the iginition :wallbash:

My brakes are 50% worn on the front and 20 on the rears.

My tyres are down to 4mm on the front (first set) and 6mm on the rear (second set).

I stayed at the dealer while the service was being completed, had a few coffee's, and nosed around a C63 estate in silver with black alloys which looked good and a E400 coupe in black with brown leather which would have been nice if didn't have those awful alloys that came out on the AMG Plus C class models :fail I also think it looks EXACTLY the same as a E220 CDI which is disappointing for the flagship model.

Should also mention that they didn't have a CLA45 in stock which was really disappointing as that's top of my next car list.

Good that you are having the rear brakes done then matey :thumb:
I have my first service being done next Monday at Derby. Hopefully all will go well there to. Coincidentally my mileage will be pretty much 11500 too

Our first service exact same incompetence from Oxford dealer.

1) Couldn't do the Command as per your car.
2) Didn't reset service counter and had to go back

Didn't know about the break recall.

Mines in on friday with almost the same mileage. Its also a year old.

I have a few other issues which I am sure wont be fixed and will require further visits. Rear parcel shelf rattles, sun roof squeaks, drivers seat bolsters on the side and base are very worn. It stalls occasionally for no reason, alarm goes off randomly for no apperent reason. Err dash rattles in the centre, not sure if it is the console or up in the dahs.

But I think thats is. :)

I paid £200 for the first service on my c63 bs, not sure why you guys are paying so much?

Don't get me started on Inchcape Oxford:wallbash:

My issues was I had to go back after the first service so that the COMMAND and service counter could be reset. Disappointing.

No issues with the car, but they couldn't complete:

1. COMAND update as it takes 4 hours
2. Rear brake squeal recall due to no stock

So it's going back in ASAP.

What would baffle me if I weren't the cynical old g!t that I am, is that from the VIN they knew that it needed the COMAND maps updated and the rear brake work so, unless you just turned up without pre-booking, they should have a) allowed sufficient workshop time, and b) have ordered in the parts required.

However, as I am a cynical old g!t, they kept quiet about COMAND needing to be updated and hoped you wouldn't mention it, and because they're incompetent (see below), they couldn't be a*sed to get the parts pre-ordered.
Annoyingly they forgot to reset the service reminder so that appears everytime I start the iginition :wallbash:
Pure incompetence. They have to do this on every service, and they even have a checklist (that I bet was ticked!) to remind them to do it.

When you get the Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire, don't forget to give them a big fat zero score.

While I've moaned (a lot) about the pricing at Inchcape's MB Chester, I've always been happy with the work they do and I haven't had the service reset issues (not being reset, or not being reset to the correct oil type so variable servicing doesn't work) that many have had.

I guess they should have told you they needed the car to be left with them to do the software upgrade. Wonder why it takes so long? I know mine had some kind of COMAND firmware update and they took hours. I'd never normally wait though - things seem to go wrong if you put garages under pressure.

st13phil said:
What would baffle me if I weren't the cynical old g!t that I am, is that from the VIN they knew that it needed the COMAND maps updated and the rear brake work so, unless you just turned up without pre-booking, they should have a) allowed sufficient workshop time, and b) have ordered in the parts required. However, as I am a cynical old g!t, they kept quiet about COMAND needing to be updated and hoped you wouldn't mention it, and because they're incompetent (see below), they couldn't be a*sed to get the parts pre-ordered.Pure incompetence. They have to do this on every service, and they even have a checklist (that I bet was ticked!) to remind them to do it. When you get the Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire, don't forget to give them a big fat zero score.

They did actually prompt the COMAND update I didn't mention it.

Still they knew it would take 4 hours and should have told me in advance as you said.

Getting fed up of being told my car is overdue a service everytime I start the ignition grrrr

Hi

A london mb dealer if you want to know which one i can pm you?

Why not name them? It's not like you're naming and shaming!

It's a remarkably low price for a London dealer. Did you supply your own oil?

I suspect the issue with the COMAND update is that it requires STAR, and dealers usually have only a limited number of STAR units (and technicians who know how to operate them).

So the COMAND updates are an annoying bottleneck for them. Which is probably why they are always happy to reschedule them.

Rory said:
Why not name them? It's not like you're naming and shaming! It's a remarkably low price for a London dealer. Did you supply your own oil?

Oil supplied by dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom