C63 Lights at bottom of doors don't work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PSD379

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
Hi All, after some help please. I have a 2013 C63 AMG coupe and have noticed that the lights at the bottom of the doors do not come on, no matter whether it is day/night, if the headlamps are on/off.

There is a similar light on the bottom edge of the boot lid, which always lights up when the boot is opened, but the lights in the door don't.

Is there either a setting in the on board menu that will turn these on? (I have exterior lights set to ON from the menu - no idea what that actually does!). Or is there a fuse I can check?

Only had the car a few weeks.

Any help appreciated.

PSD379

Like yourself mate, I have the same problem!
Took the car into Mercedes Benz to get some work done on it and they said "they are working fine! They come on when its dark and lights in auto".

I am yet to see them working..
On my saloon they worked like most cars, when the door opens.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Coupe for some reason doesn't have the door wiring (and possibly the bulbs), and may need coding.

I will create some wiring (as I have the tools to put the connectors on properly) when I get the next coupe in so I can measure the length

I have just ordered 20 connectors :)

Cheers

Richard

BTW, does your coupe have the electric seat control on the door ?

(if not, i need to work out some more connector part numbers)

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard,

To answer your question, my electric buttons for the seats are on the bottom of the seat base!

I've tried covering the sensor on the windscreen and they still don't work.

Why wouldn't Mercedes Have sorted this to work like the saloons? I don't get it..
What's the point of them being there?
Thanks

They are part of the interior lighting package. I guess your car doesn't have that option

R

Doesn't surprise me Richard!
They punched in my chassis number and said my car should have puddle lights on the Wing mirrors, Which it does not! and the bottom door lights should be working. so under warranty they will sort it.
When they took it in, said the car doesn't have puddle lights. And the bottom lights do work.

So who knows!

Would be great to get them bottom lights atleast working though.
Thanks Richard,

Ronan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom