Cabin Filters W211 V6 CDi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tcb180

Car
Mercedes E320 Auto
Can anyone clarify just how many cabin filters I will have and where to locate them please.

She is a 2007 facelift E320 CDi V6 with the four way digital cabin climate system.

Also, other than oil, fuel & Air filters. Are there any other serviceable areas of concern such as carbon canisters etc?

I'm interested in this, as I'd like to be able to service these kind of things myself, along with learning how to do a simple oil and filter change.

In the passenger footwell.
Remove the plastic cover under the glove box, above where their feet go (two T20 torx screws) and pull it down and out.
You should find two oblong covers which have sliding locks on.
Remove those and the charcoal filters will pull out.

The pollen filter is under the bonnet above the small auxilliary battery at the rear, right-hand side looking at the engine from the front. Fairly obvious how to remove the cover.

In the passenger footwell.
Remove the plastic cover under the glove box, above where their feet go (two T20 torx screws) and pull it down and out.
You should find two oblong covers which have sliding locks on.
Remove those and the charcoal filters will pull out.

The pollen filter is under the bonnet above the small auxilliary battery at the rear, right-hand side looking at the engine from the front. Fairly obvious how to remove the cover.

Facelift doesn't have a aux battery iam afraid. Maybe a in line you're talking about

Thats Brilliant Lyserman, ive just checked my 2002 e55k and it has them lol i never knew, Many thanks chap :)

Checked yesterday. All I can find is the pollen filter at rear of nearside bulkhead.

Dropped the 2x Torx bolts out under glove box but no filters under there. Just bottom of heater motor. Is this correct?

She's a 2007 facelift with four way digital air con system.

I would have expected there would be more somewhere as its such a big system?

Anyone?

I was only aware of the filter under the bonnet - I can't find any other filters for sale on tinternet either. I'll be fiddling under the glove box tomorrow trying to silence my "chirping" blower motor so I'll have a look then. (I have a W219 but all the "bits underneath are virtually identical to my previous W211).

Just checked on my CLS 55 MY 2006 with the 4 zone digital climate control and no charcoal filters, according to the EPC, no HVAC charcoal filters fitted on any version of the 219 CLS.

Nope - definitely only the one filter under the bonnet on my car! Had everything out of the footwell today!

Having recently changed the cabin/pollen filter on my 2006 C class I discovered that different markets have different filter set ups ,on my model a UK car (C 55 2006 AMG) has just the paper filter above the battery and no charcoal filters underneath the glovebox.

You find this out when you go to a parts supplier and after typing in your Reg number he asks you if you want one or three filters !

Look at my post elsewhere where I have attached a dirty photo.

Many thanks. That clarifies things. Yes just the one cabin filter. In my case, above where the battery would have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom