Careful if you live in Wolverhampton... Attempted theft.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My car and bike keys have been on step 4 for a number of years during the night - if the "VERMIN" have made a concerted effort to break through 2 sets of decent quality locked doors then they are determined and welcome to the vehicles - my most precious "items" are asleep upstairs.

Never understood the point of keyless go. Are people that bone idle, they cant be ****d to get a key out of there pocket and stick it in a hole?

There speaks a man who hasn't got it.
If your car had it, you wouldn't be saying that.

My car has it and it seems like a gimmick. In the same way that I've never found it too demanding to take a key out of my pocket I've also never found it too arduous to:

- Switch my windscreen wipers on when it rains
- Switch my headlights on when it gets dark
- Apply the parking brake when I come to a stop

However, with sensors and an electronic handbrake I no longer have to burn calories operating these simple devices and now have my hands free when I cruise around in my car munching burgers like a fat American.

The ridiculous thing of course is that your premium can actually increase if you keep your car in a garage. Strange but true.

Had this when adding the E Cab to our insurance last year.
Was told in our post code area insurance is cheaper with car parked on drive. I asked why and they said that the car is more likely to get damaged in the garage.

On a more serious note. Here in Kent there have been several well reported incidents of "stolen with keys" where the thieves have gone upstairs to get the keys and have woken the owners and threatened them. Waking up to find a gang of heavies in your bedroom is not the way forward no matter how tough you feel just now. Leaving he keys where they can be easily found is far safer. Think about it? Once they have broken to get your keys, they have demonstrated that they are not afraid of you. They accept the risk that they may well be disturbed. They are now at the point of no return. Giving you a clump, maybe fair enough to you. Giving your loved ones a clump when you could have left the keys down stairs? I know where my keys are.

Indeed a valid point and one we have thought about.
More often than not, this backward, inbreed scum that breaks into peoples homes to take the keys are more often than not scared away by an alarm.
Having said that, it's not worth the risk just like you said.
I've never felt very brave at the best of times, but at times the red mist can take over. However, as you said, not worth messing with this evil, useless scum.
Let the police take care of it and where possible, take standard precautions ie leave in well lit place, lock it up, don't leave items on display, block the prized car with another car, tracker it/etc and more often than not you should be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom