CCLASS C250D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnh61

Car
C Class C250D premium plus model plate 66
I've recently bought a 66 plate c class 250d premium plus model great car but should it not have the convenience feature were you can open & close windows and sunroof with the key fob or do you have to programme the key fob to do it any help with this would be great.

MB used to use different two systems for sending key signals, one was Radio Frequency for locking and unlocking, the feature you describe was operated by Infra-Red and would only work (and even then it was very hit and miss) by aiming the key at a small plastic window normally on the driver door handle

Do you have this plastic window on the door handle?

Press and hold the key fob unlock button with fob near to the drivers door to open all windows. Then press and hold the recirc button to close all once you are in the car.

I'll admit it was 4 years before I cottoned on to the close all feature.

MB have dropped the feature as standard on w205 C class. It's only there if the car has Keyless start/Keyless lock (Keyless Go package). If your w205 C class (2014 on) has a normal key you put in the ignition and turn, then you won't have keyless, and you won't have convenience windows. Mercedes Main Dealer sales guy didn't even know this. I was really disappointed, car has folding mirrors, reverse camera etc, but not somthing I had in my 2007 Audi .
I twigged after bringing the car home and reading the manual. The older w204 C class had It as standard afaik, but now it's like your cabin bag on Ryanair, you must pay extra.
I'm new to MB, I'd love to be wrong about this, and I'd hoped it could be turned on using Mercedes dealer diagnostic software, but I dont think the sensors are installed. The product I linked, I found today, it's affordable, I might go for it.

MB have dropped the feature as standard on w205 C class. It's only there if the car has Keyless start/Keyless lock (Keyless Go package). If your w205 C class (2014 on) has a normal key you put in the ignition and turn, then you won't have keyless, and you won't have convenience windows. Mercedes Main Dealer sales guy didn't even know this. I was really disappointed, car has folding mirrors, reverse camera etc, but not somthing I had in my 2007 Audi .
I twigged after bringing the car home and reading the manual. The older w204 C class had It as standard afaik, but now it's like your cabin bag on Ryanair, you must pay extra.
I'm new to MB, I'd love to be wrong about this, and I'd hoped it could be turned on using Mercedes dealer diagnostic software, but I dont think the sensors are installed. The product I linked, I found today, it's affordable, I might go for it.
Keyless Go was (is?) included with Premium and Premium Plus packs.

There's a lot of non premium c class cars out there. Convenience windows is a feature thats common on a raft of key operated runabouts, to remove it from a premium brand just to bolster an add on? Keyless Go is worthy on its own right. It didn't need convenience opening to sell it, and thus 'inconvenience' the owners of other equally expensive variations of the model. It could be/is implemented in software at minimal cost.

Never open the windows, the car has got air conditioning..............

Never open the windows, the car has got air conditioning..............
That's not what it is for. It's for when your car up parked up in 30° of heat, you can drop all the windows while you approach, prior to your journey or during the day if its in your own yard/ driveway etc. It's particularly useful after you've parked and exited, and you see that several passanger windows, maybe yours also, are down. Just hold lock and they all go up. Otherwise it's return to car, unlock. Key in ignition, press all 4 window buttons up. It's not called convenience windows for nothing (also called summer window opening in the States)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom