Cla45 vs c43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seesixtythree

Car
audi
Hi guys

Yes I started a thread about cla45s but I've just thrown c43 into the mix would anyone consider these in stread or alternatives to the cla? What are the pros and cons of each?

Any thoughts would be great

Cheers

The CLA is based on the A class, and the C is obviously a C Class, so it's a level up...

C43 everytime. The cla is really poorly built Merc with a horrendous price tag. The Golf R is a vastly superior car to an A/CLA 45.

Yeah the cla is a bit soft more of a woman's amg the c63 is the obvious choice over them two and you can get the saloon so don't have to worry about space for kids ect.

Is it strictly Coupe in regards to the C43 or Saloon too? Some great deals to be had on pre owned C63's i've noticed on auto trader. Saw a C63 Coupe well specc'd for mid 50's yesterday and it got me really thinking about it too.

I need 4 doors, havent seen the deals on the C63, the non S model is coming down in price but i think i would still find it over the budget that I really want to stick to - new house and baby etc. I find that every time i look at autotrader I end up considering cars worth 60k when i set my max at £40k. The ideal solution would be the C63S, however I owned the 6.2 C63 and although it made a great noise, it was hard to use the power, tyres constantly spinning in the dry let alone the wet. Even the most minor snow had it all over the place, with a young family i dont want to have to think about all that, and for now at least i think AWD is my best bet. Unless the C43 is that inferior to the C63 that its not even a consideration.

Hopefully test driving a C43 on saturday.

Yeah if it had to be out of them two it would be the c43 anyday good luck with the test drive sure your fall in love with it moment your in it.

Yeah as a C63 driver, it would have to be the C43 too, though need to do something about the tacky seats. (Though still better finished than the CLA).

RR

I have a c43 coupe, absolutely no issues with it apart from the crabbing.

Looks great, sounds great. Obviously the c63 is overall a better package the C43 is a close alternative. I have had mine for 6 months and still enjoy driving it, and I get bored very quickly!

Thanks all. Thats really helpful, what is it like in getting the power down and handling? my whole beef with the my previous c63 was that so much of the power was wasted.. I also live on a main road so would prefer the understated c43 compared with cla45..........

Can't fault the power and handling, 4matic helps with both! The C43 can be as loud or quiet as you want, if you get the AMG exhaust you can turn it on or off, in Eco and Comfort it's quiet (unless you put your foot down) In sports + mode its very loud, cracks and pop notes from the exhaust.

I saw my first c43 estate this week on the M25. Nice blue colour. Looks like an interesting choice.

Although the driver did try and sit on the bumper of my Porsche on the dual carriage way off the M25.

I need 4 doors, havent seen the deals on the C63, the non S model is coming down in price but i think i would still find it over the budget that I really want to stick to - new house and baby etc. I find that every time i look at autotrader I end up considering cars worth 60k when i set my max at £40k. The ideal solution would be the C63S, however I owned the 6.2 C63 and although it made a great noise, it was hard to use the power, tyres constantly spinning in the dry let alone the wet. Even the most minor snow had it all over the place, with a young family i dont want to have to think about all that, and for now at least i think AWD is my best bet. Unless the C43 is that inferior to the C63 that its not even a consideration.

Hopefully test driving a C43 on saturday.

Ruled out the ML63 or GLC43? Both fast, both have all weather traction, both have easy ingress and egress for the tiddlers, and plenty of room in the boot for their gear.

Ruled out the ML63 or GLC43? Both fast, both have all weather traction, both have easy ingress and egress for the tiddlers, and plenty of room in the boot for their gear.

All good alternatives but I'm not a big fan of SUVs and although I do take my one child to nursery occasionally the four doors are more an option than a necessity as the wife's car is the kidsmobile. So i think ml and glc are too big!

All good alternatives but I'm not a big fan of SUVs and although I do take my one child to nursery occasionally the four doors are more an option than a necessity as the wife's car is the kidsmobile. So i think ml and glc are too big!

Don't get the coupe, I have a young daughter in a fitted car seat, and its a struggle getting her in and out! I haven't learnt though my previous car was a E-Coupe and had the same issues. IMO coupes just look better than 4 door though. You don't buy a C43 for practicality though do you?

Based on looks alone I'd have the C43 especially the coupé.

In any form the CLA is not a pretty car. Just looks like a car shaped cake where the icing has melted haha

Based on looks alone I'd have the C43 especially the coupé.

In any form the CLA is not a pretty car. Just looks like a car shaped cake where the icing has melted haha

Looks good from the front and absolute gash from behind

Hi,
I remember the first time we saw a CLA45 in the flesh - it was on the Mercedes stand at the 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
We declared that day that it would be our next car.
Fast forward to May 2015 and we were in the market for a new car - we test drove the CLA45 and came away disappointed.
The rake of the roof seriously compromises rear access to car and headroom, it looks a bit awkward from certain angles and the interior looks very cheap, compared with the C,E and bigger cars.
In the end, we bought a fully loaded ML63 at an amazing price - as the GLE had just been released.
The C43 is a much better car than the CLA45 - in my opinion.
Cheers
Steve

Looks good from the front and absolute gash from behind

Probably because it has a similar front end to the A class. Just when you look round you have to look at the rest.

I can see they were aiming for a mini-CLS which could have been awesome. The estate body almost gets away with it but not the saloon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom