CLK C209 Brake Judder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markcooper706

Car
C209 CLK 320CDI Avantgarde
Just bought my second C209 CLK. The first one I owned was a 320CDI but in AMG trim and my latest one is an Avantgarde. I went through a couple of front disc changes with previous car and now have brake judder from front disc(s) on recent purchase. Having read the threads there is a suggestion that the hubs become corroded and cause an imbalance although some say they have still had issues despite proper levelling of the Hub surface.

I wonder if anyone has swapped out the calipers or upgraded with a full kit and still had issues? I am tempted to go for a 330mm ventillated disc with a 4 or six pot calliper but this would be stupid if judder still occurs after a few hundred miles?

Thanks

Mark Cooper

Just bought my second C209 CLK. The first one I owned was a 320CDI but in AMG trim and my latest one is an Avantgarde. I went through a couple of front disc changes with previous car and now have brake judder from front disc(s) on recent purchase. Having read the threads there is a suggestion that the hubs become corroded and cause an imbalance although some say they have still had issues despite proper levelling of the Hub surface.

I wonder if anyone has swapped out the calipers or upgraded with a full kit and still had issues? I am tempted to go for a 330mm ventillated disc with a 4 or six pot calliper but this would be stupid if judder still occurs after a few hundred miles?

Thanks

Mark Cooper
If the hubs are clean , then it’s probably front control arms that have to much play .
Whats the cars mileage ?

I am only the third owner and the mileage is only 36k with 25k done in first 3 years by first owner. Second owner used it to get to golf club and hardly any mileage. It was garaged. I need to check suspension arms.

I am only the third owner and the mileage is only 36k with 25k done in first 3 years by first owner. Second owner used it to get to golf club and hardly any mileage. It was garaged. I need to check suspension arms.
Sticking brake calliper pistons is another option

Hi Mark and welcome . Just don't let anyone tell you 'the discs are warped' ..that is the last thing you will find wrong ..if at all . Easy enough to check with a DTI gauge anyway .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom