CLK w209 keyless entry not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

henryintheuk

Car
clk350
Hi

I cant seem to get my keyless entry to work on my 2006 CLK350 convertible. The batteries in the key seem to be working fine as it locks and unlocks the doors via the buttons etc.

When inside the car, the keyless go function also works fine, so I can start the car with the keys in my pocket. The boot keyless entry also works

However, I cant open the car using the keyless entry and I wondered if anyone can help.

I'm guessing if not then it may be an issue with the sensors on the door handles, but I'm surprised (perhaps I shouldnt be) that its the same issue with both doors.

Does anyone have any instructions on how to remove the door handles ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

OK... This requires an oscilloscope with a loop antenna...

When you pull the handle, the system "challenges" the key with a burst at 125 kHz
sent from a small ferrite antenna located near the door. There are such antennas in several places outside and inside the vehicle in order for the system to see where the key is. (If the key is inside the vehicle and it is locked it is not meant that a robber should be able to open the door from the outside). The challenges are sent out in a sequence.

There could be a fault in the handle, but there could also be a fault in the transmitter stage for the particular antenna. One way to find out is by using a scope to see if there is a burst after pulling the handle.

I have seen both handles AND transmitter failure so replacing either without knowing for sure could be expenceive. Personally, I thibk that it is strange that both handles should go bad at the same time, so I guess that the transmitter box is faulty.

Hi Thanks for that. Am I correct that the handle is nothing more than just a switch then? Reason being is that I have been given a spare handle and was thinking of trying it

Sounds more like a door handle failure.

You are lucky, us W211 boys have 4x handles to fail.

Does anyone know how to replace a door handle with the wiring wor keyless entry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom