CLS shooting Break at Goodwood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

My Brothers just sent a load of pictures of the CLS at Goodwood this weekend, as my dad could be very interested in this as not been 'taken' by the S212...

Anyway, matt finish aside, I like it :)

cls2-1.jpg

cls-2.jpg

Me Like! :rock:

Much nicer than the 212! :doh:

Much nicer than the 212! :doh:[/QUOTE]

Not so sure about that :roll eyes: Nice overall appearance but there is something bulky about, especially around the back wheel arches. Beside, the back of it looks a bit like a Ford Mondeo estate.

Now in terms of practicality, I would be interested to see how it compares with the the nearly 2,000l of load that the E-estate can take...

Alex

Those wheels are hideous!

I really liked the look of these on the 'first sketches', but this looks really disappointing, and who designed those wheels, seriously?!

Did I mention I don't like the wheels?

Those wheels are hideous!

I really liked the look of these on the 'first sketches', but this looks really disappointing, and who designed those wheels, seriously?!

Did I mention I don't like the wheels?

Good point SPX, forgot about the wheels...

The CLS coupe is definitely more balanced and, I dare to say, more classy. If that is to be the new the "luxurious" people carrier of the brand, surely the R does a better job.

I would not exchange my faithful E W212 Elegance for that.

Alex

Last edited:
Looks very **** end heavy, could just be the angle the photo was taken but doesn't seem to compliment the saloon version

Much nicer than the 212! :doh:

Not so sure about that :roll eyes: Nice overall appearance but there is something bulky about, especially around the back wheel arches. Beside, the back of it looks a bit like a Ford Mondeo estate.

Now in terms of practicality, I would be interested to see how it compares with the the nearly 2,000l of load that the E-estate can take...

Alex[/QUOTE]

"While the 590-litre boot capacity falls somewhat short of the E-Class estate’s, it’s still more spacious than that of the A6 Avant or 5 Series. Additionally, the angled tailgate is power-operated and the boot floor is not only flat, but can also be optionally trimmed in cherry tree wood and brushed aluminium, reminiscent of yacht decking."

I believe the rear seats can also be folded forward so not as much of a compromise as I had initially thought looking at it. The lack of a proper third seat at the back is also likely irrelevant for anyone with kids as you can't get three passengers in the back of an E either if two of them are in child seats.

I think it looks great. Having said this I can't see very many people making the choice between the S212 (in a 'normal' incarnation) and this, given the price difference and the loss of practicality (odd shaped tailgate, no roof rails, smaller load capacity). However if I were in the market for something more fun like a C63 estate I would probably be waiting until they bring out the AMG version as this is something I would feel much happier parking next to the Astons and Range Rovers on a country house weekend (in my dreams:bannana:)

shooting brake?

Ha! It's a hatchback.

Somebody in the marketing department has delusions of grandeur.

Next time I am in a dealers I am going to ask if the have something in a hatchback. :)

Last edited:
An AeroMerc.

Look at the 1st Gen CLS and then at this one. What a waste of good design.

Don't like it at all.

I loved the concept car, in fact I adored it and presumed that I would get into a 2 year old one of these when they were about, but this just looks awkward to me.
A big let down, especially at the back.

Gutted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom