Code reader and tester OBD2 recommendations.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ALFAitalia

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 ALFA 159 2.0 JTDM, Merc A170 (W169), Merc CLK 200K (C209) gone, 1999 Merc SLK 230K (R170) gone.
I have ALFAobd for my car and Torque Pro for it and others and my wifes A Class.....but I'm looking for something a bit better. There are literally dozens that fit the bill...but which one to buy? Looking for one that does all (or most makes especially Merc and BMW), can do most things like reset service indicators and test modules rather than just read and delete codes....oh and I'm not looking to spend a fortune as I will mainly be using it on other peoples cars!! £200 max ideally.
Thanks in advance

I use icarsoft CR Max for the Ducatos and anything else that comes my way. For the Merc I have Star. For the money icarsoft is good value and updates well.
Above his budget though? hence I recommended CR Pro

I have ALFAobd for my car and Torque Pro for it and others and my wifes A Class.....but I'm looking for something a bit better. There are literally dozens that fit the bill...but which one to buy? Looking for one that does all (or most makes especially Merc and BMW), can do most things like reset service indicators and test modules rather than just read and delete codes....oh and I'm not looking to spend a fortune as I will mainly be using it on other peoples cars!! £200 max ideally.
Thanks in advance

Have a look in the electrics section at the stickys for my reviews + discount codes

Thinking of getting one of these but saw in one of the stikys' comments that they only support 2006 onwards.

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the case, please? My CL is a 2003 and I have 2 Jaguars from 1996 and 2001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom