Command Unit Problem With DVD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

orangeboy

Car
E320 CDI Avantgarde
Hi there,

Recently fitted a replacement command unit, and I have two problems.

1- When I insert a DVD, it says ´DVD Error´

2- And also, I cannot set the time and date correctly. The GPS antenna is broken (for the third time) so I cannot automatically set it from this. I cannot even access the date part. And yes, I know how to access the time / date from the SERV menu.

Any tips or advice?

Many thanks.

This replacement unit is slightly different to the one I have replaced....it appears to have a scart option at the back, where as the old one does not.

Could it be a Chinese copy and thus different in crucial aspects to a real Comand? Where did you buy it……..lots of second rate cloned devices out there, apparently? Or is there any chance the replacement is just faulty…………is it new/second hand?

It´s secondhand....from ebay, so I guess that´s the risk you take unless you want to pay 800 quid.

I´ve taken the fuse out....maybe I could try a cleaning disk. The CD changer is working correctly, so that´s something. Rarely use the DVD, but it´s just annoying.

It looks genuine as far as I can see.

I don´t understand why I can´t set the time and date properly from the SERV > SYSTEM > TIME settings? Only goes up in 30 min increments and it´s 13 minutes out. It has to be set through the command on my model, as there is no option to set the time on the main dashboard.

Unless this model purely relies on GPS? In which case, it won´t be accurate, as the GPS antenna is broken (that´s twice now) common problem apparently on this model.

Surely there is some way to set it manually?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom