Convenience Window Opening Doesn't Work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dazzawm

Car
CLC200 2009
The Convenience Window Opening on my CLC does not work. I believe you have to unlock the car with the key and then select the same button on the key to lower the windows. Is this something that is standard or needs enabling? If its standard why won't they open!!?? Thanks.

It's standard.

Is this a new car to you and you've never tried the feature? If yes then you must hold the key very very close to the window in the driver's door handle and keep it pressed for a long time. You'll get the hang of it.

Yes the car is new to me. I thought it would be able to open the windows from a distance like unlocking the car. What possible advantage is it opening the windows if you have to be stood right next to it!!!

Yes I thought this was a problem with mine when I was trying to do it at the passenger side. It seems to use the IR receiver on the drivers door handle so you have to point the key straight at it and hold the open/close button down for a few seconds.

Mine is very temperamental. Realised you have to be right on top of the car for it to work (bit pointless), unlocked and then long pressed.....the windows and sunroof opened about quarter way and then stopped and would not open any further. Pointless.

Yes the car is new to me. I thought it would be able to open the windows from a distance like unlocking the car. What possible advantage is it opening the windows if you have to be stood right next to it!!!

My point exactly.

I love it.

On a hot sunny day I can open all windows and sun roof in about 10 seconds...quicker than getting into the car and doing it.

I have been stood right by the door handle like a nob and it still does not do anything, key battery low?

I love it.

On a hot sunny day I can open all windows and sun roof in about 10 seconds...quicker than getting into the car and doing it.

But surely it would be better if it worked a bit further away so you could do it as you`re walking up to it. That way some of the heat could escape before you get to the car. It`s just as quick to unlock it, get in and use the one touch opening imo.

but surely it would be better if it worked a bit further away so you could do it as you`re walking up to it. That way some of the heat could escape before you get to the car. It`s just as quick to unlock it, get in and use the one touch opening imo.

iyo.

The Convenience Window Opening on my CLC does not work. I believe you have to unlock the car with the key and then select the same button on the key to lower the windows. Is this something that is standard or needs enabling? If its standard why won't they open!!?? Thanks.

This never works for me either

Apparently the sensors are common to fail

There's a YouTube video on how to repair it if you give it a search on there

But surely it would be better if it worked a bit further away so you could do it as you`re walking up to it. That way some of the heat could escape before you get to the car. It`s just as quick to unlock it, get in and use the one touch opening imo.

It does mean you can open the roof and windows before you have to burn your backside on a boiling seat though.
It would be handy to be able to open them from a distance.
But think of what would happen if that feature were to be operated inadvertently?
Like when you just go into the supermarket or park your car in town and go for a pub lunch.
A way to prevent inadvertent opening is the issue here. The keyfob has very limited functionality and little space for special buttons, and is under significant power constraints given how long we expect the batteries to last for.
If the fob had a fingerprint sensor in it a la iPhone then this might be an implementable feature with a reasonable degree of security and an absence of inadvertent activation. Then the fob could check to see if it's within 10m of the car, if it gets a ping back the windows and roof open.
Then other parameters to close them all up again if it rains or you don't open a door or there's no activation of the microwave sensors internally within say 60 seconds.
This could come as part of the keyless-go feature.
Mercedes can have this idea in exchange for an E63 estate.
:cool:

I have since found out that it does work, but its very temperamental. I stick by my view though of whats the point if you have to be virtually in the car for it to work. Pointless.

This convince is a trade off with safety, for example, If a window is open when you exit the car, you can close it with the remote without re-entering the car, for safety, you need to be close to the car in case there is a child with their head out the open window.

If its temperamental, and if the problem is not the remote batteries then it could be the sensor in the door handle, see here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UOlZtlu7Nw

Dec

You need to re-solder the joints.

I have done this to my car and my brother's CLK, both working now with ok range.

I have to agree, virtually pointless, both my old Audis and my old golf would open and close from distance, which is far more useful imo.

I discovered on the weekend that mine does work after all. - I found it quite usefull when the (black) car was scorching hot to open all the windows and let the hot air out before getting in.
Once it felt cooler inside I used the recirc button to close them all again so the climate control could do its thing.

I had to have my key touching the door for it to work though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom