Cruise control issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JHS

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250d AMG Line Premium Plus S205 Estate
On a trip down to Cornwall just before Xmas, I engaged CC only to have it kick out after a few seconds. Thinking that it was just a glitch, I tried it a few times more, but it still kicked out.
It had functioned faultlessly until then.
Has anyone had this issue or could suggest a remedy? My instinct is towards the Aux battery?

Do you have staggered wheels, worn tyres, did it disengaged regarles speed... could be speed sensor, accelerator sensor or brake light sesor fault too. Needs live data.

Reactions: JHS
I guess that you haven’t changed the wheel size. Better to get the codes read when you can as could be a few things as above… enjoy Cornwalll.

Reactions: JHS
JHS, did you resolve this? For the last month or so, mine keeps kicking cruise off at normal speeds. Sometimes it will work OK for a couple of miles, but then warning chime and it switches off.

JHS, did you resolve this? For the last month or so, mine keeps kicking cruise off at normal speeds. Sometimes it will work OK for a couple of miles, but then warning chime and it switches off.
Yes, it was a simply a wheel mismatch. Embarrassment refuses to let me go further than that.

Could be as simple as worn tyres at one end.
Or a failing speed sensor. Best to get the codes read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom