Dash display repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reggiebaby

Car
1987 300te
Hi all. Has anyone done a dash display repair with one of the kits of ebay to repair the clock and temp display pixels. Mine have almost completely gone so thought i might give it a go. Or is there someone who does the stuff on here that i can use. Thanks

I did my dash whit this company still working, very happy :))

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

On my W210 I bought the kit and did it myself

We use Cartronix too. Vey good company and fast turnaround.

I have as well - they are quite easy to do - hardest thing was taking out the darn dash display in the first place (but you can get the special removal tool or just just a wire coat hanger cut and bent into shape).
Just take your time with replacing the two pixel repair cables it is not easy to take apart at first there are numerous parts and you have to be careful to keep them all in place.
Keep the pixel wires firmly stuck down with a little electrical tape across the top and if the existing rubber holders are worn, cut down an elastic band to keep them secure and tight.
Also took the opportunity to replace the multitude of light bulbs that are in the back - cheap to buy from the local dealership and peace of mind with consistent lighting levels across the board.

Did mine with a kit from AKSpeedo for £15. LINK.

Before.

29thJune2013037.jpg

After.

26thJuly2013003.jpg

Not a difficult job to do if you take your time and read the instructions properly first.

Thanks all. Ill be doing it myself so ill order the parts from AK and give it a go. Ill let you know how i get on

Did mine with a kit from AKSpeedo for £15. LINK.

Before.

29thJune2013037.jpg

After.

26thJuly2013003.jpg

Not a difficult job to do if you take your time and read the instructions properly first.

Thats where I bought my bits from too.

Thats where I bought my bits from too.

I saw a recommendation on MBClub somewhere.

I found that lining up the ribbons is the trickiest part.

The only error I made was pushing the needles back on too firmly.
They aren't meant to be forced past a certain point, otherwise they won't move freely.
Make a note of the depth before removing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom