DESIGNO E55AMG W211 Wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to find a Designo E55AMG W211 model for a few years now but it seems like they are quite rare.

A forum member has one and I've tried to contact him many times but I have never gotten a reply. He has one in the colour combo that I want.

This is exactly like the one he has and what I'm after.

If anyone has one and is considering to sell, please let me know.

Another colour I would consider is red

Thank you

Hi,

Still looking for one of this.

@minty63 owns an e55 like the one above but he's never responded to any of my pm's. Does anyone know him personally?

How come when I try to tag him his username doesn't come up?

He was last on this forum in March 2022. I think the colour you are looking for is mystic blue, if it helps with your search.

Thanks Mike :)
I believe the colour on this E55 is called Designo chromaflair.
There's a mystic blue E55AMG for sale currently and I do like that colour also but the mileage is a bit too high

Reactions: MD5
Thanks Mike :)
I believe the colour on this E55 is called Designo chromaflair.
There's a mystic blue E55AMG for sale currently and I do like that colour also but the mileage is a bit too high
Chromaflair is one of my favourite colours! Difficult to photograph, as are most designo colours. As you say, incredibly rare, good luck with the search.

1 former keeper, not sure if this is of some interest? Haven't checked details though

Amazing spec on this one, punchy on price though

Just a bit!

I thought I saw that E55 somewhere. Its been to MSL and puts down a healthy figure too

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oooooh, do you have a link?

Sorry I messed up, its not mystic blue, it's the one that @MikeInWimbledon posted :)

Presumably not the £9k Tanzanite E55 for sale on 142k? 7k miles a year is pretty normal for a 20 year old AMG

Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale

View attachment 149995

This is the one! I think if the colour was a bit lighter, it would have looked better.
I know the owner of this blue one. Every time I see him, I ask if he's ready to sell but the answer is always no

Recently I saw this Designo E55AMG that was up for sale and I would have gone for it if the mileage was lower... It has over 160k

Another rare colour E55AMG was up for sale but I think it had problem with the engine and it needed quite a bit of work. I do like the colour on this

1 former keeper, not sure if this is of some interest? Haven't checked details though

I saw this and it does look stunning! I think it's sold now as the advert is gone.

True.
From what I've read the 55k versions is more reliable, torquier and a hell of a lot cheaper

I love the engine on the E55 and you can get more power from them easily. Looks wise I prefer the facelift model so if I ever find an E55 that I like, I might end up doing a facelift conversion :)

So much nicer looking than all the black and silver one you see everywhere!!!

So much nicer looking than all the black and silver one you see everywhere!!!

If only I could get one! I'd try my best to make it look even better :D

Good luck with the search.

I love the designo colours but...

The one thing I'd add to your "mix" is that the Designo Mystic Blue that I had was a fragile paint that was susceptible to stone chips, revealing the white undercoat. Now, paint's well beyond my pay grade, but if you can find a .. very rare...designo paint car, you might want to look at stone chips on it carefully. If you're as OCD as I am, it'll do your head in.

The mainstream 'normal" paints are much easier to live with. And cheaper to buy than Designo, which always goes at a premium.

Good luck with the search.

I love the designo colours but...

The one thing I'd add to your "mix" is that the Designo Mystic Blue that I had was a fragile paint that was susceptible to stone chips, revealing the white undercoat. Now, paint's well beyond my pay grade, but if you can find a .. very rare...designo paint car, you might want to look at stone chips on it carefully. If you're as OCD as I am, it'll do your head in.

The mainstream 'normal" paints are much easier to live with. And cheaper to buy than Designo, which always goes at a premium.

Thank you Mike! :)
Ah, that's good to know..... I guess one way to protect it to ppf the front end, that's if it doesn't have stone chips already :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom