Diamond Cut or S?

• Diamond cut & grey insert

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Diamond cut & black insert

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • S with matte grey / black

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevie1982

Car
2014 C63 AMG
Based on another members post I'm in a small dilemma.

most 63's I've seen have either anthracite, graphite, gunmetal coloured alloys with a few opting for S alloys with the polished lip and a matte black insert.

I like to be slightly different hence the W212 Wagon as I've not seen one on the roads in a long time.

The choice is out of these two finishes, both diamond cut/polished face with either a grey or black insert. What gets your vote for black car.

IMG_20230530_163457~2.jpg
IMG_20230530_163517~2.jpg
IMG_20230526_210916.jpg

Himalaya Grey (a Mercedes colour) is the perfect colour to go for on a diamond cut AMG wheel. It’s very metallic and would be gloss from factory.

If you decide to go for black, go for satin rather than gloss.

IMO the design on the E63 wheels makes them a very poor candidate for recutting, both the 10-spoke and the AMG IVs.

Unless it's the absolute lightest of skims you can spot it a mile off; the recesses get shorter and sharper-edged. I've seen quite a few cases where they've been cut back to such an extent that the AMG lettering and recesses are almost completely gone - that simply cannot be good for the integrity of the wheel. It stands out even worse when they don't all match!

8f4fa4f0cff448cfb103183d9a897aad.jpg

I prefer the grey insert.

Satin black spokes with polished lip is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom