Do I have the worlds unluckiest C-Class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tompy575

Car
2012 C220 CDI Sport Saloon
So I picked up my new C220 company car on the 6th Feb. On the 10th Feb it was driven into (fairly hard) at some traffic lights and had a new rear bumper and light.

I got the car back on the 15th Feb, within a week I had a textbook T-junction shunt with a rover 25 who went and then stopped while I was checking that the road was clear, no problem: new grille, some t-cut, and some bumper re-jigging later it was just fine (the rover was left unharmed and so was my no-claims).

On Sunday I was parked in Putney, as I left a friends house I watched some idiot in a battered 5-series attempt to park in the biggest space in the world. Apparently he needed more room, and scraped the rear quarter of my car (again)!

Now, there is a sailing superstition that you should never have anything green on your boat. I have sort of proven this as every race that I ignored this rule ended badly. My car is Alabandine Grey (a sort of mossy greenish grey).

Is it just me or is there some truth to this green nonsense???

Sorry to hear about your luck but I doubt it`s go anything to do with green

d w124 said:
Sorry to hear about your luck but I doubt it`s go anything to do with green

Maybe it just attracts idiots!!

The only insurance claims I have ever made were made when driving a big green people carrier. 3 accidence to be precise and none my fault! My dad always said green was unlucky. Too bloody right!!!

Is it just me or is there some truth to this green nonsense???

I'm not superstitious but don't believe in taking un-necessary chances so I wouldn't have a green car.

My BIL's car was crashed into 3 times in 2 hrs once!

I had a green car stolen from me.....

And a blue one, and another which I owned such a short time I forget what colour it was.

I've never had green as a colour on any of my boats either, or cars come to that.

Wow, OP you do seem quite unlucky to me. I picked up exactly the same car in the same colour round about the same time as you, so far (knock on wood) everything has been okay.

Except... There was one incident, where some idiot at a roundabout decided to start driving then suddenly slam the anchors on, my car tapping his vehicle. The grille popped out, but luckily I was able to push it back in, car looks as of nothing happened, thank the lord! Guess I was lucky I stopped when I did...

Hmm...
It's a company car so isn't it the company which is unlucky?
If it were your car you might have a point.

Number 4. Reversed (very slowly) into an slk today. It was dark and the car was black and literally appeared from nowhere. The unlucky green c class is going back. Incidentally in 8 years of driving I've never made contact with anything until. So yes i am blaming the car. Shame because it looks great in that colour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom