Dont buy a Nissan, Should had bought a Vito!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Doesn't Nissan share much of its components and platforms with Renault/Peugeot these days?.

Renault-Nissan Alliance - A significant number of UK-built Nissans use Renault drivetrain (especially diesels). The engines are also found in the bottom-end A-class models.

It's happening everywhere, the smaller BMW engines were developed jointly with PSA group. Jointly developing and/or sharing designs under contract will make a big difference to the books.

Renault-Nissan Alliance - A significant number of UK-built Nissans use Renault drivetrain (especially diesels). The engines are also found in the bottom-end A-class models.

It's happening everywhere, the smaller BMW engines were developed jointly with PSA group. Jointly developing and/or sharing designs under contract will make a big difference to the books.

Our Juke has Megane (and I guess Captur) running gear.

Shame the gearbox isn't made by ZF.

The CVT in our Jazz ran for 8 years from new without fault - and is probably still going.

So does mercedes A180 cdi or C160 are Renault engine so is all range of Mercedes citan and some entry level vitos

Tbf at Least Mb seem to have a decency to call there customer's back within 3 days, I think you pretty accurate that most new vehicles are not designed to last, BUT come on 8,000 miles??
My Mercedes broke down and had to be recovered at 1600 miles!

Tbf at Least Mb seem to have a decency to call there customer's back within 3 days, I think you pretty accurate that most new vehicles are not designed to last, BUT come on 8,000 miles??
My Mercedes broke down and had to be recovered at 1600 miles!

Were they willing to fix it? or did you have to make numerous phone calls for them to even look at it?1,600 is poor :(

A lot of electrics in Nissans are by Renault

My dad had Nissan note and it was plagued with electrical issues he couldn't wait to get shod of it.

I'm still running 2 Nissan pathfinders whilst waiting for my Vito, one is now 10 years old one is 5 years old never had an issue with either, new clutch at 130k miles in the older one other than that just normal servicing. I'm hoping the Vito proves as reliable, all manufactures have their bad cars it's how it's dealt with that counts, Nissan have always been fine for me but as I said no problems on the 2 cars we run as vans so only dealt with them for servicing.

Were they willing to fix it? or did you have to make numerous phone calls for them to even look at it?1,600 is poor :(

Yes they fixed it,it wasn't two months old. It went into limp mode with the engine management light on.
I phoned MB recovery and they sent a technician who couldn't fix it because so many faults were coming up. He arranged for it to be recovered to the dealer and a courtesy car was delivered, it wasn't like for like but I wasn't bothered about that.
The fault was a wiring loom that had rubbed through on the engine. Poor quality control I suppose.
I've had no other problems so all is forgiven and I was impressed by MB breakdown people.

Yes they fixed it,it wasn't two months old. It went into limp mode with the engine management light on.
I phoned MB recovery and they sent a technician who couldn't fix it because so many faults were coming up. He arranged for it to be recovered to the dealer and a courtesy car was delivered, it wasn't like for like but I wasn't bothered about that.
The fault was a wiring loom that had rubbed through on the engine. Poor quality control I suppose.
I've had no other problems so all is forgiven and I was impressed by MB breakdown people.

And the above imho is how Nissan should have reacted, Well done mb for sorting swifty.

Glad you got it sorted Sir

Update its beyond a Joke,

Well after waiting weeks to get a 7 seater Loan car from Nissan Colchester, The wife has had to wait a further 1hr in there show room after taking the Pre booked X-trail in for repair the penny drops, Yep you guessed it They ordered a Poxy Qashqai which aint a 7 seater! GLYN HOPKIN COLCHESTER you lot are simply useless!!

Update its beyond a Joke,

Beyond a Juke, surely?

:D

Keep going until resolved and then vote with your feet.

We had an issue with the parking sensors in our Juke just before we went on holiday. A lorry and flooded the bonnet and killed at least one sensor and they just beep constantly.

Couldn't find anything in the manual so spoke to our local garage, who are actually quite good, and they said there wasn't a way of turning them off.

Then phoned our usual Nissan dealer, who we won't be using anymore now, and they said there wasn't. We went on holiday in my car instead.

Eventually found out from my Merc inde that there is a tiny switch next to the steering column for that - but it has no label like it does in my car. Nissan fit aftermarket front sensors to their factory cars...:doh:

Well just had a phone call, the Car is Fixed! Funny how its taken 3 hrs to fix a 4 week problem, and how a Non functioning Air flow metre can effect the cruise control and A/c but there you are.

Wife is on then way back to Colchester (again) to collect our expensive Garden ornament

Nissan fit aftermarket front sensors to their factory cars...:doh:

I bought a new Honda Jazz some years back and ordered that with parking sensors (rear only). When it arrived the sensors were unpainted and had apparently been fitted at the dealership - seemingly you had to pay extra to have them painted (not that I'd been told that at the time)! It was black so only took me 5 mins with touch-up paint but not something you expect to have to do on a new car.

That was the sales model for the Jazz, apart from colour and a couple of specific options everything was fitted by the dealer at PDI.

Meant delivery times were usually within a week or so as the base car came from held stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom