Drivers across the UK slapped with hefty traffic fines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Magic Roundabout Swindon.
I remember it well. Deeply confusing first time coming up to that junction.
Cars going in all directions!
Like the stupid things in Hemel
Plough_roundabout_sign.jpg

There are a 1000 reasons to avoid Swindon !! :p
I never minded Swindon; but then I only ever went to the 'countryside' part of it, delivering to Honda and that wacky futuristic building that was Motorola at the time and is now something else.

Honda too is now also something else , an empty lot last time I looked . I contracted nearly 2 years (on and off ) for one of their major suppliers and was in the workshop the day everyone's phones lit up with the news of Honda Swindon closing.

PS , the Honda facility was not exactly Swindon central but the nearest pub to Honda was named the Rat Trap . I think it was built in the late 1800's .....Long before Honda purchased the nearby fields :p

We used to stay in the hotel near there for caravan product launches....Honda used it so much that they eventually bought it and installed lots of Japanese speaking staff! Don't know if they have sold it since the closure announcement.

Honda too is now also something else , an empty lot last time I looked . I contracted nearly 2 years (on and off ) for one of their major suppliers and was in the workshop the day everyone's phones lit up with the news of Honda Swindon closing.

PS , the Honda facility was not exactly Swindon central but the nearest pub to Honda was named the Rat Trap . I think it was built in the late 1800's .....Long before Honda purchased the nearby fields :p
Here's the old Motorola building - now a French Pharma company apparently.
motorola.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom