DS Lite - organiser/calendar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.saunders

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E300TD
I'm wanting to buy a DS Lite (I like the brain training idea) but can't really justify it to be honest, even though it's not exactly that expensive.

Anyway, I have been toying with getting a PDA as I really struggle these days with my free time mostly (at the moment I'm busy every weekend until early November!) but again I can't really justify the (higher) expense of a PDA when a 99p diary will suffice.

So, I thought, does the DS Lite have diary facility? Anyone know?

Ta, Rob

Last edited:
Can't stand the calendar on the phone. In fact I hate the phone altogether - why can't I just have a basic phone that just does phone calls?

Anyhoo, as I say, I like the brain training idea :D

get a blackberry . Does both very well!

The ds lite can be used to run homebrew applications with an m3 simply.
There are homebrew applications for calendar & organizer but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

I'm a DS lite & M3 simply user & they are a great thing to have.

I also have my PDA so have never used it for that but I never go anywhere without the DS now:D .

I thought about a blackberry, but if I get the DS it's just something else to clutter my life lol, and another charger to worry about (I sound like J Clarkson lol)

The DS would be so cool as a mini PDA.

Ok, I am a little naive - what's M3? (apart from motorway and bmw)

Ta, Rob

I'm an avid ninty fan, and once you start with brain training, you will get addicted to other games.

There is a basic alarm clock built in, but not a real organiser. You CAN run homebrew apps though... and I'm sure a calendar exists...

Cut a long story short (not that long actually but anyway) my bro got himself a DS and I have used that for brain training; as does he.

He's not using it much these days, is thinking of selling it..... sneaky me is going to hold on and offer him much less than he paid for it so I can get my grubby mitts on it hahahaha

Now, don't get me started on the Blackberry - having fun & games at the moment with Orange not activating BIS on my account grrrrrrr

I have a blackberry AND a DS. I wouldn't say that the DS Is useful for the calender functions, but as noted earlier on the thread, I do have an R4 card which lets you run, er, 'homebrew' apps on it.

I'm 25 and a very casual gamer. I find the DS invaluable for killing half hour of time, waiting at airports, etc - the battery life is AWESOME on it too. Normally these handheld consoles are reserved for kids, but Nintendo really have hit the nail on the head with this, and it seems to cater for a very wide range of audiences.

I have a PDA I no longer use, you can have it for a reasonable price even got sat nav for it, its an HP Ipaq 2210, PM me if you are interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom