E Class Convertible - What's it like living with one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The V6 is smooth and torquey with a good turn of speed. I tested an E220 which was dreadful. Rough and gutless 4 pot.
Only on Mercedes forum would 180bhp be considered gutless and rough. 🤓

Went from a CLK 280 Petrol to an E 400 petrol both cabrios, the E is better in every way, more powerful, more economic, more modern by a mile, possibly only negative the CLK was vv comfortable on the road.
Just seen this I’ll like to add many moons ago when I was 26 one of my best friends was driving a CLK 280 and his mum had the CLK 320 the 280 was more powerful but returned him around 19mpg. Dreadful on fuel (if you compare now AMGS can get that) but looked so good had better exhaust tips than the 320 I never knew why Mercedes did that (had the 280 more powerful than the 320 and even had it looking better), it was a brilliant car though had the push start button ontop of the gear selector the dash was semi digital was really ahead of my CLC at the time, still got a soft spot them.
the E400 must be a lovely upgrade I personally don’t like cabriolets but the CLK280 almost turned me

I'll get some pictures up at some point when I get in the right scenery. It's a lovely car and good on fuel with great performance. It could do with a rear camera and DAB radio as my wife is used to those features.

Forget to mention that we bought this back in January when it was -8 that morning. Great fun with the roof down with heated seats on full and air scarf on :banana:

I'll get some pictures up at some point when I get in the right scenery. It's a lovely car and good on fuel with great performance. It could do with a rear camera and DAB radio as my wife is used to those features.

Forget to mention that we bought this back in January when it was -8 that morning. Great fun with the roof down with heated seats on full and air scarf on :banana:
The rear camera is a great help as rear visibility with the roof up isn't great. DAB I also use most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom