E400 sport plus 3l Petrol 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davelavelle

Car
clk 280
I take delivery on Friday of a new to me merc.

I want to change the headunit if possible? Do you have aby suggestions which unit a bigger screen prefered.

Ive owned mercs before and partner has 350d cdi convertable in pearl white.

As far as i can tell its drives fine.. Anything hou guys recomend on checking over just for peice of mind?
Thanks in advance.

What body is it (coupe, saloon etc)?
FSH?
Gearbox service due?
Tyre condition?
Sat Nav upto date

I have the 3.5 E400
Excellent engine!

Can't help on the screen.
I like it being less obtrusive and not be a stuck in ipad ( though I am coming round to those these days...)

What body is it (coupe, saloon etc)?
FSH?
Gearbox service due?
Tyre condition?
Sat Nav upto date

I have the 3.5 E400
Excellent engine!

Can't help on the screen.
I like it being less obtrusive and not be a stuck in ipad ( though I am coming round to those these days...)
Its a coupe, black. Tried posting pic but ssid file too large. Black leather, red deat belts.

Wow, 3.5 E400 whats the mpg on yours? MPG does not worry me to much otherwise i would have purchased something much smaller. Not sure what i will get out of mine, guess lucky at 20 mpg.

As mine is a 2014 would you know if i can use E10 fuel? Or stick with E5.

Im not to worried on sat nav updates as ssid i will look to upgrade aftermarket screen. Not too excessive.
Tyres looked in fair condition i.e dont need to replace just yet.

Service history yes,mixed main dealer and independant and last 3 mot were no advisories but ive never trusted that tbh.

I have a garage i trust who i will get to look over. Its like anything test drive was nice and smooth. Lets see if its smooth ownership.😄

Despite it being a larger engine, it's supposed to be 'about' the same performance - they dialled back the turbos
I see low to mid 20s around town, high 30s on a run (38 or so) but had 44 on a Sunday morning saunter from Liverpool to Southampton last summer....

E10 is fine
I put in the engine cleaner once in a while, but no issues at all in 18 months
Oh and it can go like stink....

I have had a res delete to allow a little more noise aswell

They're a great car, enjoy!

Resize the photos by emailing it, or post on a hosting site if you want to show it off

Despite it being a larger engine, it's supposed to be 'about' the same performance - they dialled back the turbos
I see low to mid 20s around town, high 30s on a run (38 or so) but had 44 on a Sunday morning saunter from Liverpool to Southampton last summer....

E10 is fine
I put in the engine cleaner once in a while, but no issues at all in 18 months
Oh and it can go like stink....

I have had a res delete to allow a little more noise aswell

They're a great car, enjoy!

Resize the photos by emailing it, or post on a hosting site if you want to show it off
Oooh, more noise. Ill have to look at res delete? I think ill wait till i get it to show off. But i managed to put it in profile puc for now. Thanks for the replies.

As above my E400 averaged 34mpg over 12000 miles last year including a lot of European mountain passes. Has on some runs done over 40mpg and some under 30 but decent average. Haven't changed the headunit although I would quite like CarPlay/android auto but make do with updated maps and an iPod.

Mine had Car play from Factory (but I use Android typically)

Fully murdered out Dave...
Use the VIN to get the full factory spec for yours. You might find you have one or the other (or both)

Hi , my C207E400 has the the M276 3.5 litre engine.

The 3.5 variant is a low pressure fuel system and different turbos.

The 3.0 variant is a high pressure fuel system and different different turbos.

I don't travel many miles and always use E5 fuels.

Fuel consumption is better with the 3.5 litre engine.

Regular oil changes are important !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom