E53 Safety Recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jules335

Car
E53 AMG Coupe
Has anyone had the recall work done relating to a possible misrouting of the transmission wiring harness?

My car went in last week and after the dealership having the car for 3 days they seemed unable to order the correct parts to do the rectification work. It is booked in again for next week but I am not sure they know what they are doing.

Does anyone know exactly what the recall work involves?

I am tempted to cancel and try another dealer.

Mine went in for 2 recalls. I informed them of the harness one and allegedly parts were ordered. When it went in, I was informed they have to order more parts as it’s specific to the car. Still waiting for their call to book it in again

Sounds like my fuggin plumber. Nightmare dispute just now. If you can't diagnose the problem fit a new PCB. If that doesn't work fit another PCB. FFS.

Mine went in for 2 recalls. I informed them of the harness one and allegedly parts were ordered. When it went in, I was informed they have to order more parts as it’s specific to the car. Still waiting for their call to book it in again
What is the other recall for? I have only been informed of the harness one.

The two I have are
  • Sealing transmission harness
  • Mounting of 12v battery

Keep us updated lads.

The car was due to go in today but was cancelled by the dealership at the last minute as apparently they need a special tool which they need to order. They clearly haven’t got a clue on how to do the harness recall. I am seriously considering not having it done as I am concerned they are going to cause problems that aren’t there at the moment.

I haven’t been notified about the battery mounting so hopefully my car is ok and unaffected by this recall.

Mines and estate though so maybe the battery is specific to the model

The car was due to go in today but was cancelled by the dealership at the last minute as apparently they need a special tool which they need to order. They clearly haven’t got a clue on how to do the harness recall. I am seriously considering not having it done as I am concerned they are going to cause problems that aren’t there at the moment.

I haven’t been notified about the battery mounting so hopefully my car is ok and unaffected by this recall.
Take it too Brooklands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom