Ebay merc... oooh dear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercv8

Anyone here bidding on this beauty?..
Go on.. you know you want to..:crazy:

MV8.

That looks like it's in the midst of a "pimp my ride" episode..!!:eek:

unfinished pimp my ride project

with these things I admire the engineering that goes into them but detest the execution

I like the optimistic "show car title"....would that be a freak show?

I like the optimistic "show car title"....would that be a freak show?

I don't know, I suppose it depends on whether you class custom car shows as events worth attending or freak shows.

Personally I enjoy looking at other peoples work and appreciate that most of these cars represent an awful lot of work, talent and the realisation that there's more to modding than buying some pedals from a dealership.

I'd far rather see a heavily modded car that someone has laboured over and produced something worthy of merit than any one of the Barry'd Saxos that are the current trend.

Remember, each of these custom cars has probably been rescued from the scrappies.

Andy

I don't know, I suppose it depends on whether you class custom car shows as events worth attending or freak shows.

Personally I enjoy looking at other peoples work and appreciate that most of these cars represent an awful lot of work, talent and the realisation that there's more to modding than buying some pedals from a dealership.

I'd far rather see a heavily modded car that someone has laboured over and produced something worthy of merit than any one of the Barry'd Saxos that are the current trend.

Remember, each of these custom cars has probably been rescued from the scrappies.

Andy

True.

It still looks kin awful though :D

I actually enjoy seeing customised cars...some hot rods, vans and trucks which have been restored from piles of rust is a real art. BUT, man oh man is that thing ugly! Anyone who appreciates Mercedes-Benz design should wince at the butchering of that car. Restore it to former glory perhaps rather than turn it into a cartoon.

Anyone who appreciates Mercedes-Benz design should wince at the butchering of that car.

Ford enthusiasts will say the same when the see chopped and lowered "classic cars" with the ford badge on them so will owners of Vauxhalls, Rovers, Volkswagens etc etc etc

Just because it's a Merc doesn't make it sacred. Personally, I think that particular SEC model is one of Mercs worst and if someone wants to modify it then the only way is up :)

Andy

Well if he was married to an Essex girl it helps to explain it all :rolleyes:

haha.gif
haha.gif
................My wifes from Essex :rolleyes:

an extreme way to cover up the parcel shelf rust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom