Euro breakdown cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The roadside assistance will kick in again if you get it serviced at a dealers.

They told me it would not

They told me it would not
Who said that - MB Northampton?

It definitely should - tested on the last two cars: the current one had a "service" by the dealer (not MB) prior to sale, so it was an unwelcome break in the FMBSH, but the Roadside Assistance resumed, once it get serviced at MB Northampton in about seven months time; the old car was a high mileage, and had a good few years of history at various garages - the Roadside assistance started the following year, if I'm not mistaken.

Mobilo isn't renewed if one goes for the Value or 7yr+ services options (both are reduced cost services)

Reactions: GLK
Make sure you have the Mercedes-Benz emergency number for each country you travel through; they will then put you in touch with the nearest dealership who will have a breakdown recovery service .

Don’t know if you still get the Europa book in newer cars ? It gave contact numbers for every dealer in Europe.

While anyone can help you with running out of fuel / flat tyre / fanbelt and the like , for many things the dealer will be the best bet .

Do carry a few basic parts ( besides bulb kit which will be compulsory) like fuses , drive belts , dizzy cap if applicable ... and a set of tools , many minor things can be sorted at the roadside in minutes .

Also check with your insurer that your car will be recovered home if in a smash - otherwise you can end up liable for import duty to where it ends up .

Also that insurance covers cost of you getting home if car is immobile .

Some insurers may offer breakdown service too ..

Some great points here from Derek and well worth having beside you when you call up any prospective insurers. Also worth checking that the cover extends to "Zero Roadside Charges" and insisting that you have in writing with your policy/schedule. At 02:00am in the dark and rain, when you finally see the welcome sight of the recovery truck, you do not want his first words to you to be "Credit Card Please". Seriously, I have been here and once they have charged your card you are in the proverbial, as you argue the toss with your insurer, the breakdown company, and your Credit Card provider.

I had this in the UK, on the a66 with wife, two daughters and Range Rover full of suitcases etc as we returned from a two week holiday. This was despite me having, what I was told, was full recovery home for us and the vehicle and "zero roadside charging". At the time our family Range Rover had just burst into flames and caused the a66 to be closed at 18:00 in the evening due to smoke. Stress was high!!! My insurer had closed for the weekend and we were at the mercy of a Help-Desk who would not Help. I ended up getting a lift to Penrith to hire a car, on my credit card then driving us all back home. On the Monday the fun began with my insurers who initially, though sympathetic, made it clear that I was at fault for not holding out for full recovery!! Eventually after a day of listening to voice transcripts etc, they agreed that their agents were at fault and that their policy was ambiguous to the agent. I was refunded my hire car fees and given a big discount on the following years renewal. BUt it was a massive stress, and you do not get that back.

Who said that - MB Northampton?

It definitely should - tested on the last two cars: the current one had a "service" by the dealer (not MB) prior to sale, so it was an unwelcome break in the FMBSH, but the Roadside Assistance resumed, once it get serviced at MB Northampton in about seven months time; the old car was a high mileage, and had a good few years of history at various garages - the Roadside assistance started the following year, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh really David? They told me it would not renew :D lol

Oh really David? They told me it would not renew :D lol
Ah, that's very cute of them ... I'm glad I moved my new care plan to MK branch.
Speak to Mercedes Roadside Assistance direct: 020 7975 7077

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom