Facelift S211 ISOFIX: how to reach the fittings through the leather seat gap ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeInWimbledon

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
(Ex S211 E500, W212 E500, C216, S212 E500, W211 E500 5.5, W221 S500, S211 E500, SL500, S500, E55)
I'm bemused by the ISOFIX fittings on my Facelift S211.

I can see the restraint bars attached to the body shell, but I don't understand how you feed through to the body shell from the seat because there's no aperture to reach through.

Can anyone explain what I'm failing to understand ?

Attached are photos of what appear to be the restraint bars, and my seats.

IMG_2339.jpeg

IMG_2341.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2341.jpeg
    IMG_2341.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2330.jpeg
    IMG_2330.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3
I'm bemused by the ISOFIX fittings on my Facelift S211.

I can see the restraint bars attached to the body shell, but I don't understand how you feed through to the body shell from the seat because there's no aperture to reach through.

Can anyone explain what I'm failing to understand ?

Attached are photos of what appear to be the restraint bars, and my seats.

View attachment 151924

View attachment 151925
It’s been several years since I had my 211s, but doesn’t this part of the seat usually have a flap that lifts up?

IMG_9770.jpeg

Found an old image from one of my E55Ks, there is usually a logo too indicating presence of ISOFIX. Does your car have ISOFIX as an option code from the factory?IMG_6813.jpeg

I had the same issue accessing the Isofix points on my facelift W204. There was no way I could get the child seat’s plastic guides into there. In the end I had to feel for the attachment hoops to identify their positions, then extend the child seat runners as far as they would go before pushing in and hoping they locked on - which they did. My concerns about damaging the leather haven’t materialised yet and there have been three different car seats in position for over 8 years now. It gets easier each time.

Many thanks !

You’re right ! No logo but two secret panels

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

Many thanks !

You’re right ! No logo but two secret panels

View attachment 151929

View attachment 151930
I’ve just gone out to my car to check. As far as I can tell there’s no secret panel. There’s a piece that looks like it may be, but I can’t pull it back. It seems more substantial than the one in your photos. But it could just be that I didn’t give myself much chance because the car is in my garage with limited access. I’ll try again when I have the car out. Or it may be that it’s not on my seats because they’re fully foldable (one of the most useful options).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom