Facelift W210 E320 CDi Avantgarde Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
Hi All,

I'm selling my E320 CDi Estate due to the purchase of a van for work.

Ok, lets start with the bad bits as the car does have some issues:

Mileage is 194K with service history from 113K, none before. Previous owner said he had it but wasn't forthcoming sending it on to me.

The reversing lights don't work. I have changed the gear selector but still no joy. Not sure what the problem is.

There is a vibration coming from the rear of the car when you go above 70-80 mph. I have had new subframe genuine MB bushes fitted but the vibration is still there. Not a tyre balancing issue, probably the prop couplings.

The top part of the speedo lcd display doesn't work but you can see all the menus and the rest works perfectly including the temp/tiptronic display.

The steering wheel is worn due to the mileage and could do with a replacement or a cover fitted to tidy it up.

Driver's heated seat doesn't work.

Minor rust to the front wings and bottom of the driver's door.

A few minor scrapes/scratches to the bodywork. (Nothing major).

The car chucks out a lot of grey/black smoke when you accelerate. I've tried injector cleaner but to no avail.

Flap missing from the drivers sun visor mirror.

Now I've got that out of the way here are the good points;

The car is ultra reliable and has never missed a beat during the 15k I have driven it.

Obsidian Black metallic
5 speed tiptronic gearbox
Beige leather interior (Not 7 seater)
Tinted side and rear windows (Aftermarket)
Heated Orthopeadic seats with built in cooling fans
3 position electric memory driver's seat
Electric passenger seat adjustment (not memory)
Digital dual zone Climate control
Folding door mirrors
Headlight washers
Auto dipping rear view mirror
Rain sensor wipers
Remote central locking
Rear luggage cover and cargo/dog net
Genuine MB floor mats
Xenon headlights
Traction control
Multi-airgbags
Good tyres all round
Alloy wheels in good condition
Two keys
Mot'd until 29th Jan 2013
Taxed end August 2013
Single CD player
Next service not due for approx 5-6K
Recent new AC condenser (genuine MB) drier and re-gas
Recent front discs and pads

The car is very presentable and looks very nice when washed. I have seen many many 210's with less mileage in far worse condition. It drives very well (apart from the vibration) and pulls like a train with lots of torque.

I have been averaging 34 mpg around town and 44 mpg on a recent trip from Hastings to Bath (185 miles each way) which is pretty good considering the mileage.

I have listed all the known faults as acurately as I can so please don't expect a showroom condition car as it is clearly not. It is however, an honest reliable, comfortable workhorse that will probably go on for ever and I'll probably regret selling it when it's gone.

I have been offered £1300 px against the van I'm buying, therefore I thought I'd put it up for sale on here before it goes to the garage in case anyone is interested.
The car will only be available for the next week or so and I will consider all reasonable offers over £1300 beforehand.

Please, no time wasters as I'm far too busy to mess about. It won't be offered for sale again or anywhere else so be quick if you are interested.

The car is located in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex.

I will try and post up a few pictures tomorrow if the rain holds off!

I can be contacted on here via PM or call me on 07841 204815. (No texts please)

Cheers,

Leigh

Having trouble uploading pics at the mo due to Photobuckets new system which keeps hanging.

I will try again later....

CIMG6763.jpg

CIMG6761.jpg

CIMG6760.jpg

Just to clarify about the smoking issue, the car uses no oil at all so it's not burning any. I have never had to top it up and there are no nasty oil leaks.

Also, forgot to mention there is virtually no wear to the driver seat bolster amazingly.

Gone to the garage for px....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom