Flash for cash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Flash for cash.

Reminds me of some of the girls at school. 10p would do it. ;)

This is a tricky one- out of sight of a dashcam, and even if can prove that they flashed, they could always argue that their flash was, as per highway code, a warning to not pull out, rather than an invite to do so.

I always use my own judgement rather than rely on some one else's "good intentions" ...

I always use my own judgement rather than rely on some one else's "good intentions" ...

That was my first thought, but if you're waiting to turn right across a queue of very slow traffic, then someone makes a gap and flashes you, are you really going to ignore that and wait for a natural gap that may be several minutes later?

It's one thing to allow for others' incompetence and hesitancy, but it's a different ball game when malice is involved.

That was my first thought, but if you're waiting to turn right across a queue of very slow traffic, then someone makes a gap and flashes you, are you really going to ignore that and wait for a natural gap that may be several minutes later?

It's one thing to allow for others' incompetence and hesitancy, but it's a different ball game when malice is involved.

Good point and in fairness I probably would pull into the gap, only because the traffic has almost stoped anyway BUT I would be extremely cautious about joining the otherside. Especially if it was a dual lane, seen far too many near misses where the inside lane driver has given way but he can't "speak" for the other lanes....

Malice, or deliberate ramming, in this case would be quite identifiable, with no shortage of witnesses. But then again...

So this is the "Avensis with 5 youths and no brake lights" trick...

I suppose the good thing is this time ins co's are looking for scam first with every claim.

You got there before I did. :p Forty years later, I could still name names if the tabloids were interested.

:D Custard Creams were a stronger currency. If you had those... :eek:

If you were turning right across a queue of traffic a dash cam would see it and provide evidence. The weak area is when exiting a junction, in either direction. But once again, if the traffic was slow moving you would at least have some evidence from the cam.

The BBC segment showed a car being flashed from the right hand side when there was no other traffic on the road. Personally, I'd wait anyway - I've seen too many halfwits with an indicator flashing who just carried straight on across the front of my car.

This isn't anything new, and is something insurers have been aware of for a long time. The other thing to watch out for is cars indicating to turn left, but then continue travelling straight on, but for the fraudster that carries a higher risk of being seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom