Foreign diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrorange

Car
97 E300 TD
Does anyone know if it would be worth taking my 97 E300 TD to the Bahamas when I move there? I know it seems crazy but cars are extremely expensive there & i need a runaround. My main concern is that the diesel they have there is very rough so this my kill the engine. I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on this. Thanks

A friend took his Renault Espace over there, can't get parts so it's sitting in his yard rusting! He bought second hand from Japan and imported it to Nassau.

Since Diesel cars run on waste veg oil and all sorts of concoctions , I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue .

The biggest question , I'd have thought . would be whether the costs of shipping it out there , and any import duties/taxes you might have to pay , together with any alterations you might have to make to conform with local regulations might outweigh the savings against just buying a car there ?

Since Diesel cars run on waste veg oil and all sorts of concoctions , I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue .

The biggest question , I'd have thought . would be whether the costs of shipping it out there , and any import duties/taxes you might have to pay , together with any alterations you might have to make to conform with local regulations might outweigh the savings against just buying a car there ?

I dont think all diesel cars run on WVO. The older diesel generation cars would cope perfectly fine, but newer cars with fancy electronics and sensors may not cope as well. As Pontoneer said it may be cheaper to buy a car out there.

An E300TD is an older generation diesel so is fine on any old diesel and WVO for that matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom