Formula 1 2022 (Will Contain Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It may not be a great game of musical chairs for the drivers during this off season, but team principals are certainly on the move.
Binotto is replaced by Vasseur at Ferrari, whilst Mclaren's Seidl takes on the role at Sauber leading up to Audi's entry in 2026. Andrea Stella will move internally to replace Seidl.
Capito also exits Williams.
These may not appear to be the most news worthy of appointments, but are likely to set the performance level of the various teams in F1 for years to come.
My own experience suggests that Audi may well be a force to be reconned with in the future. The VW group has a record of doing things properly when they embark on a motorsport project.

Schumacher to be Mercedes reserve driver for 2023

Schumacher, who will attend all grands prix during the 2023 season, said he was "thrilled" to take on his new role.

"I am committed to give it my all to contribute to their performance in this very competitive and professional environment," the 23-year-old said.

"I take this as a new start, and I am just excited and grateful to Toto and everybody involved for putting their trust in me.

Great news for Mick as he`s a really nice bloke. Good of Merc`s to give him a chance & evaluate him properly & maybe calm him down(help with pressure of being MSC`son?) a little if need be? I`m sure under Toto`s guidance with help from Lewis & George who are his mates Mick will thrive there. Maybe not the killer talent of his Dad(bless him) but he has talent & it would be nice to see him do well imho.

So sorry to hear about this. I`ve met Jenny & she`s a lovely lady(never looked like she`s 45, blimey). I hope she can make a full recovery from this!

This move should bring some sanity back to the running and policing of upcoming F1 races:thumb:
Let`s see eh, Steve`s done bloomin well to land this. Gotta be the highest position a "Truckie"(Tyrrell 1990) has ever risen too! Good luck to him.

Let`s see eh, Steve`s done bloomin well to land this. Gotta be the highest position a "Truckie"(Tyrrell 1990) has ever risen too! Good luck to him.
Oh! I don‘t know! I started out as a truckie in 1978 and ended up as team manager later that year, but concentrated on race engineering.
Truckies are by nature logistically sound with great real world experience and often more intelligent than ‘used car dealers‘ who have previously run the sport!……

Oh! I don‘t know! I started out as a truckie in 1978 and ended up as team manager later that year, but concentrated on race engineering.
Truckies are by nature logistically sound with great real world experience and often more intelligent than ‘used car dealers‘ who have previously run the sport!……
:DAgreed, But only a few will know this MacTech!

Now we see in a bid for the 11th team to be added to the F1 calender 'Team Formula equal' has been suggested . A team consisting of an even mix of men and women 50 50 split.

The guy suggesting this is former BAR manager Craig Pollock , he has probaly forgotten more about motorsport in his 67 years than I have ever known .

But 'they' will tear him apart.

In the modern world in which we live it would be impossible to manage a 50/50 split of male and female employees in a company of (let's say) 5000 people.

The premise of asking someone their sex will not get past the first job apllication form in 2023, never mind about 2024.

What if he he sucessfull in the 50/50 split then one day some of his male emplyoees turn up wering dresses and announce they are fluid/non/binary/LGBTQR2D2C3PO/MGBGT ?

What then Craig. ?

You would have better luck on insisting your team must be half black and half white.

Drop the gimmicks mate , if you want to build a competitive F1 team just hire the best , whatever their colour or sexual orentation.

Now we see in a bid for the 11th team to be added to the F1 calender 'Team Formula equal' has been suggested . A team consisting of an even mix of men and women 50 50 split.

The guy suggesting this is former BAR manager Craig Pollock , he has probaly forgotten more about motorsport in his 67 years than I have ever known .

But 'they' will tear him apart.

In the modern world in which we live it would be impossible to manage a 50/50 split of male and female employees in a company of (let's say) 5000 people.

The premise of asking someone their sex will not get past the first job apllication form in 2023, never mind about 2024.

What if he he sucessfull in the 50/50 split then one day some of his male emplyoees turn up wering dresses and announce they are fluid/non/binary/LGBTQR2D2C3PO/MGBGT ?

What then Craig. ?

You would have better luck on insisting your team must be half black and half white.

Drop the gimmicks mate , if you want to build a competitive F1 team just hire the best , whatever their colour or sexual orentation.
This is sooooo last year. 😁

And so it is ! I was browsing the official F1 website for details on the Australian round and this story popped up '1 hour ago' . I read it and commented on it on here . Your post Happy made me go on the same site just now and the story has gone !!

Maybe my phone fell through a tear in the time continum , no idea , how odd . Ill try to keep up next time, stay in this year :p

Anyway my favourite for the win in Australia is james Hunt , as long as he can keep that Niki Lauder bloke behind him. 👍

Given how much F1 teams will spend on a wing mirror that gives them 0.01 seconds per lap, I can't believe they'd pass over a female engineer or driver that might give them 0.1 seconds a lap just because of their sex/gender/this week's preferred term.

Given how much F1 teams will spend on a wing mirror that gives them 0.01 seconds per lap, I can't believe they'd pass over a female engineer or driver that might give them 0.1 seconds a lap just because of their sex/gender/this week's preferred term.
F1 teams would (and do) absolutely take on engineers irrespective of gender. Their teams are by and large operated as meritocracies. What is however needed is a societal shift that recognises education and careers in STEM-based roles as being worthwhile for ALL people irrespective of race, gender etc. Until that happens, nothing will change. Young people need to be shown that there is more to life than making idiot videos of themselves for TikTok and the like.

Another issue is that in the UK (at least) the title of Engineer is equally applied to someone that designs a suspension bridge and to someone that turns up at your house in a van to put a TV antenna on your chimney pot. Engineers are not considered as being professionals in the same way that doctors, solicitors, accountants and so on are. Instead they are just people that have oily hands and a rag in their back pocket. That also needs to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom