General Battery Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zishan03

Car
C200 Sports Coupe
Hi,

My girlfriends battery in her Mini Cooper is dead due to an interior light being left on for 10 days while unused.

I today bought a new Bosch battery for it but it is shorter then the origional BMW battery that came out. This creates a problem as the battery is housed in a plastic box and the connectors cannot connect to the be at an angle to connect to the battery as they could potentially come loose or off while driving. My question is, what can I put under the battery to raise it up by the approx 2cm required? Would MDF be okay or would this be a fire risk or something like that? Maybe some metal but that might increase the temp under the battery.

Any advise would be much appreciated as the only other alternative is to dremel the battery case but then the battery could still bouce up as the top thing that holds it is place would be 2cm above the battery.

Thanks in Advance,

Zishan

Hi,

My girlfriends battery in her Mini Cooper is dead due to an interior light being left on for 10 days while unused.

I today bought a new Bosch battery for it but it is shorter then the origional BMW battery that came out. This creates a problem as the battery is housed in a plastic box and the connectors cannot connect to the be at an angle to connect to the battery as they could potentially come loose or off while driving. My question is, what can I put under the battery to raise it up by the approx 2cm required? Would MDF be okay or would this be a fire risk or something like that? Maybe some metal but that might increase the temp under the battery.

Any advise would be much appreciated as the only other alternative is to dremel the battery case but then the battery could still bouce up as the top thing that holds it is place would be 2cm above the battery.

Thanks in Advance,

Zishan

Hi,

Why not just return the battery and buy the correct one that fits?

Seems daft messing about with dremels/MDF/bits of metal etc for a battery that is obviously the incorrect fitment?

Will

Mdf would be fine but as its your womans car i would get the proper battery saves hassle in the long run.

Maybe bmw do some sort of adaptor as you cant be the first with this problem.

Lynall

If its one of the new models [ post AUG 2007] with the regenerative braking/ alternator system its essential to replace the battery[Absorbent Glass Mat battery] with exactly the same type as before. http://www.gizmag.com/go/7365/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom