George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests/riots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention huge shit stirrer.
I don't mind that bit though........ :D

I don't mind that bit though........ :D
I get that but he speaks in riddles and over 600 posts in his first 2 months of membership, something isn't right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this on Quora Questions earlier so please don’t shoot the messenger.

The question why were black peoples used as slaves.

Because the slave industry was not invented by white people ……

If you wanted slaves , you went to Africa…….and bought them off an African , whose family had been selling slaves for centuries ……

When the Portuguese, Spanish and English traders took goods to Africa…….the return trip was generally done with an empty boat , or with goods that don’t return a huge profit .

The traders realized that they could sell slaves , why…..because Africans had been doing it for centuries and so they were a commodity to be traded .

.On average a merchant ship made around 30% profit on a trip …..trading slaves put that up to 60%

And that’s why the slaves were gotten from Africa……

The trade was well established long before whites went to Africa . Africans sold Africans.

The slaves turned a good profit

Slaves were easier to transport than many other cargo.

Everyone wanted slaves.

Don’t blame slavery on whites ..

They just expanded the trade to a worldwide thing………

I've just read that Black Knives Matter have compiled a hit list of 60 statues to be pulled down around the country. Also that prat Khan is calling for statues around London to be targeted and roads to be renamed. Who the F are they to remove British history just because they don't like it?.

I've just read that Black Knives Matter have compiled a hit list of 60 statues to be pulled down around the country. Also that prat Khan is calling for statues around London to be targeted and roads to be renamed. Who the F are they to remove British history just because they don't like it?.
Theoretically Kahn shouldn’t even be mayor.

@Swotty - incorrect, the officer was NOT using an approved nor trained restraint.

is approved/trained is a knee on the shoulder.

That’s why he is being charged with murder, bending the truth to suit your argument renders all you say on the matter utter nonsense.

@Swotty - incorrect, the officer was NOT using an approved nor trained restraint.

is approved/trained is a knee on the shoulder.

That’s why he is being charged with murder, bending the truth to suit your argument renders all you say on the matter utter nonsense.
It must be quite difficult though to get the knee in exactly the right place when trying to subdue somebody that’s off their head who doesn’t really want to be subdued. You’re talking about 100mm. It’s a very fine line and he was a very big bloke.

It’s something that I wouldn’t like to try.

I believe the trade has been going on for a few thousand years. The Egyptians used to make good use of it.
Possibly the Romans could be to blame for their globalisation.

But it doesn't really justify further abuses.

Only 88 out of 429?. Is that all?.

It is the high percentage of blacks getting shot compared to their numbers in the total population. I've not done the exact numbers but for example they might be 10% of the USA population but 20% of the people that get shot are black!

Saw this on Quora Questions earlier so please don’t shoot the messenger.

The question why were black peoples used as slaves.

Because the slave industry was not invented by white people ……

If you wanted slaves , you went to Africa…….and bought them off an African , whose family had been selling slaves for centuries ……

When the Portuguese, Spanish and English traders took goods to Africa…….the return trip was generally done with an empty boat , or with goods that don’t return a huge profit .

The traders realized that they could sell slaves , why…..because Africans had been doing it for centuries and so they were a commodity to be traded .

.On average a merchant ship made around 30% profit on a trip …..trading slaves put that up to 60%

And that’s why the slaves were gotten from Africa……

The trade was well established long before whites went to Africa . Africans sold Africans.

The slaves turned a good profit

Slaves were easier to transport than many other cargo.

Everyone wanted slaves.

Don’t blame slavery on whites ..

And when the whites returned with black slaves - on what basis did they defend the incarceration and exploitation of them? By implying that they were somehow a lesser race? Inferior? Not worthy of the rights of whites?

Was racism already invented too or was its invention only required back home - where it has lingered ever since?

I believe the trade has been going on for a few thousand years. The Egyptians used to make good use of it.
Possibly the Romans could be to blame for their globalisation.

But it doesn't really justify further abuses.

Egypt used slaves to build the pyramids and it was rife for 1000s of years. Slaves were a big part of Arab, Egyptians, Persians etc business long before the whites got in on the act. As earlier stated, it was blacks selling black slaves.

And when the whites returned with black slaves - on what basis did they defend the incarceration and exploitation of them? By implying that they were somehow a lesser race? Inferior? Not worthy of the rights of whites?

Was racism already invented too or was its invention only required back home - where it has lingered ever since?

I remember reading an interview with a retired Japanese soldier, who before WW2 was part of a unit that carried-out experiments on Korean prisoners.

He said they were told that the Koreans aren't human, that they are just some form of upper mammals. And they believed it.

No different to Joseph Goebbels' Nazi propaganda, that depicted the Jews as rats, or for the more sophisticated ears, as Untermensch (subhumans).

Sadly, people will readily believe this sort of thing. Especially if conveniently there is some benefit in it for them... i.e. the black slaves, or the Jewish property that was looted while their 'subhuman' owners were sent to the camps.

Reactions: Ted

The slave owners would have justified there activities by the money they made doing it. Generally that is the sole reason one human exploits another human. Money or sex.

The slave owners would have justified there activities by the money they made doing it. Generally that is the sole reason one human exploits another human. Money or sex.

Something I agree with you on - except you missed out religion. Some of the stuff that has happened under the auspices of the church is disgusting

Something I agree with you on - except you missed out religion. Some of the stuff that has happened under the auspices of the church is disgusting
Very true Sir i stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom