Glc 350 rear shock absorbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneForTheRoad

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Glc coupe 350d was 2017 e350 c207 .. +65 ford kuga 2.0 cdi zetec awd..
Looking at the autodoc website , it lists 2 bilstein rear shocks for my glc.

1 is

19-263038. For sports suspension.​

The other is

19-263007 for vehicle with bad road version.

Both are suitable and I know I have sports suspension and should opt for the same, but what would the differences be from one to the other . Would fitting the 007 raise the ride height/ arches, I wonder ?? I've never heard of a bad road version shock before now.Screenshot_20230913-172419.png

I'll answer this myself lol.

Sports suspension set ups mainly in the UK. Fitted to front and rear axles. Driving on tarmac .

Bad road suspension is fitted to both axles for driving mainly on dolomite tracks and outbacks like Australia etc .

So I guess you can't mix these up .

I have contacted autodoc and changed my order to the 19-263038 type. Good job I cross referenced the parts , as autodoc lists both as compatible,which they are TBF if you match front and rear set ups .

Looking at the autodoc website

I use AutoDoc but I ALWAYS have the MB reference beforehand. I then find the compatible part from AutoDoc. In my case, for dampers, it was Sachs but Bilstein would have been fine.

RayH

I use AutoDoc but I ALWAYS have the MB reference beforehand. I then find the compatible part from AutoDoc. In my case, for dampers, it was Sachs but Bilstein would have been fine.

RayH
I realised when I cross referenced the mb part numbers on each shock, my part number didn't show up on one of them ,but did on the other. It's the vin number that decides in the end .

Worn shocks already on a 2019 car?

Worn shocks already on a 2019 car?
Unfortunately, it seems that way .

I'll post up a video of units and the noises ,once the new ones arrive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom