Has anyone enlarged the openings on the sport rear diffuser for quad tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vandexa4

Car
w220
Has anyone modified the stock sport package rear diffuser to accommodate the dual tips? I'd very much love to see a photo to give me a better idea of where I should plan to start the grinding and cutting process. If it wasn't for the rivet setup on our cars, I'd just pull it off for the sake of ease/optimal results (and I don't have any desire to pull the rear bumper). It would be a LOT easier if I were simply cutting off a single tip and adding dual on an existing pipe. Create a template, carefully cut/shape/sand it into proper shape.... orientation is going to be a bit of an issue from my speculation. I'm guessing trim a touch, get the exhaust in place, remove it, properly finish the openings, than do the final install....

I just scored an E63 Meisterschaft exhaust for me E550. I confirmed with the manufacturer that this would fit and the only difference in attachment points is that the e63 has an extra set of hangers which will not interfere and are not necessary. The e63 model also adds their sweet looking one piece dual tip. I will likely ceramic coat these in gunmetal if I stick with this wheelset or in Bronze if I decide to switch things up in the spring

Due to a few electrical gremlins I'm still yet to sort out 100%, I don't want to pull the trigger on a proper carbon rear diffuser. Also with winter coming along, I figured I would hold off on this + front lip until the spring.

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom